Two word that sum up this ʻohana are "eccentric" and "mischievous", and you can see why in these Funny Moments.
Funny moments in the franchise:
- Stitch! The Movie
- Lilo & Stitch: The Series
- Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch
- Leroy & Stitch
- The "Inter-Stitch-al" trailers for the film in which Stitch disrupts the Award-Bait Song scenes from other Disney films. Such as Beauty and the Beast, in which Stitch crashes the chandelier, the Beast and Belle roll out of the way, Belle huffs "I'll be in my room!" and stomps off, Stitch giving off a Wolf Whistle as she passes by, saying "get your own movie!"
Timon or a random (not Pumbaa) warthog: "Hey, that's not Simba!"
- Stitch stealing Jasmine from under Aladdin's nose, with the princess strangely interested in the small fuzzy alien. Poor Ali. Especially when he blows his spaceships airhorn.
- Then there is also Stitch surfing in just as Ariel is about to sing "Part of Your World" with the waves crashing behind her... pause it at the right time and her face is just priceless.
- Which doubles as a meta CMOA: because that movie was made before Disney switched to digital ink and paint, the crew animated it with cels and an analog camera. For one joke!
- Not to mention the trailer taking place in The Lion King. All the animals gather at Pride Rock during "Circle of Life", only for Rafiki to hold up Stitch instead of Simba. Cue a bunch of panicked animals, Rafiki running like hell, and Stitch attempting to roar.
- "Created something? Ha! But that would be irresponsible and unethical! I would never, ever..." (Stitch is revealed) "...make more than one."
- Near the beginning after Stitch has made his grand escape to Earth, the Grand Councilwoman watches as the screen displays where he will crash.
- Jumba losing it, ripping apart the newspaper announcing his incarceration and stuffing the pieces in his mouth...right as the Grand Councilwoman and Pleakley walk in.
- Then he notices them and, instead of being embarrassed about being caught acting crazy, he merely lets off an evil chuckle and asks the Grand Councilwoman if 626 got away.
- At the very start we see a bunch of fish, something flashes by the screen blink and you'll miss it, what is it? A random fish with a peanut butter sandwich in its mouth... or so it seems. That fish is Pudge, who controls the weather.
- This exchange is very highly quoted among some groups of people. From the very beginning (and please feel free to correct wording):Moses: Lilo, why are you all wet?
Lilo: It's sandwich day.
(Moses is nonplussed)
Lilo: (huge sigh) Every Thursday, I have to give Pudge the fish a peanut butter sandwich.
Moses: ...Pudge is a fish?
Lilo: And today we were out of peanut butter. So I asked my sister what to give him and she said a tuna sandwich. I can't give Pudge tuna! (whispers) Do you know what tuna is?
Lilo: It's FISH! If I gave Pudge tuna, I'd be an abomination! I'm late because I had to go to the store, and get some peanut butter, cause all we have is... is STINKING TUNA!
Moses: Lilo, Lilo, why is this so important?
Lilo: (suddenly calm) Pudge controls the weather.
- Watching Mertle's face during this exchange is hilarious. She's just so jaw-droppingly confused.
- Doubles as a Tearjerker and Rewatch Bonus; the former when you learn about what happened to Lilo and Nani's parents - they died in a car crash during a rainstorm. It becomes the latter if you watch Moses' expression. He knows exactly why she said this.
- Lilo's first meeting with Bubbles.Lilo: Did you ever kill anyone?
Bubbles: ...We're getting off the subject.
- Note the Exact Words. He never denied killing anyone.
- Lilo and the voodoo doll spoons.
- Cobra: In case you're wondering, this did not go well. (effortlessly pulls open the previously nailed-up door)
- Lilo and Nani's fight afterwards is as hysterically relatable as it is depressing.Nani: Answer me!
Nani: No, you don't understand??
Nani: NO, WHAT!?
Lilo: (Her voice cracking as she whines) NOOOOOO!!!!!
(Lilo collapses face-down on the floor and continues ranting while a confused Nani tries to make out her mumbles)
- Stitch's landing on Earth.Lilo: (wishing upon the shooting star that is Stitch's stolen ship) Maybe send me an angel! The nicest angel you have.
(626 hops out of the burning wreckage of his ship and laughs maniacally.)
- Right after Stitch crashes on Earth, he's acting all big and tough like the creature of mass destruction he is, pulling out plasma guns at every little thing that bothers him. This includes him shooting at the sky when he encounters rain for the first time, threatening a frog with three guns at once (which the frog doesn't even seem to notice) and then pulling a fourth blaster when he sees a truck coming at him. Then the truck tire hits him so hard that all four of his blasters are left where he was as he gets hit many times in a row by each row of tires from all three trucks, while the frog just watches with that same blank expression. Him getting run over would be horrifying if we didn't already know Stitch is Nigh Invulnerable.
- Also, Stitch squeaks like a rubber dog toy when he gets run over.
- When Lilo and Nani go to adopt a pet, while Nani talks to the clerk, Lilo goes in back to look at the dogs. She looks around at the empty cages, and the camera pans up to a bunch of frightened dogs clinging to the rafters.
- One of the dogs is actually a turtle.
- The clerk says there's a two-dollar license fee, so Nani hands her the money. Lilo promptly says she wants to buy Stitch, and asks Nani if she can borrow two dollars. Nani takes the money back and gives it to Lilo...who's so short she can barely reach the top of the counter, so Nani takes Lilo's money and hands it back to the confused clerk.
- When Pleakley criticizes Jumba for almost shooting Lilo, lectures him on the Mosquito food chain, and gives the viewmaster toy to him that he used earlier to show the Grand Councilwoman Earth. It becomes clear that Jumba cannot see into it because his eyes are too far apart.
- Also funny is what Jumba says afterwards:Jumba: (to Stitch) Using that little girl for a shield...THIS IS LOW, EVEN FOR YOU!
- Coming from Jumba, who was an evil alien genius before being incarcerated.
- And this line that follows after Stitch mocks him by doing a headstand and wiggling his butt at them, saying, "Yoo-hoo!":Jumba: BAH! (starts running toward Stitch) I WILL TEAR HIM APART WITH ALL BOTH MY HANDS!
- Also funny is what Jumba says afterwards:
- After Stitch steals a tricycle, Jumba talks about how his programming will draw him to large cities, where he'll cause chaos (back-up sewers, reverse street signs, steal everyone's left shoe.....). Stitch cycles around the island trying to find a city, only for Lilo to tell him that there isn't one and he has a fit.
- After failing to find a large city, Stitch is forced to spend the day with Lilo and Nani, which is borderline torture for him as he has to pretend to be nice. This includes: Lilo trying to get Stitch to play fetch, and squirting him with a water bottle when he refuses, and then he tosses the bottle away. When it's lunchtime, Nani refuses to give Stitch a sandwich, making him ball up his fist, only to be reminded by a nearby Jumba that they are just waiting for him to lose his patience, making him growl and reluctantly give Lilo a hug. The real kicker is when he sees a spaceship-themed coin ride at a grocery store. He tries to get it to start like a real spaceship, only for Lilo to insert a quarter and climb in, the slow rocking driving Stitch to just flop lifelessly in the ride as Lilo enjoys herself. The cherry on top is Jumba.Jumba: (while stirring a fruity tourist drink) "Haha! When you're ready to give up, just let us know, eh?"
- David's pathetic attempts at flirting with Nani at the restaurant:
- Later, after Nani leaves:Lilo: Don't worry. She likes your butt and your fancy hair. I know, I read her diary.
David: (pleased) She thinks it's fancy?
- Which carries the implication that David knows his butt looks good but was worried if she would like his hair.
- Later, after Nani leaves:
- This exchange, when Nani first sees Pleakley and Jumba in disguise:Nani: (to Pleakley) Your head looks swollen.
Jumba: Actually, she's just ugly.
- Nani gets fired from her job after Stitch attacks Pleakley:Lilo: Did you lose your job because of Stitch and me?
Nani: Nah. The manager's a vampire. And he wanted me to join his legion of the undead.
Lilo: (quietly) I knew it.
- Upon bringing Stitch into the house...Nani: (quietly) Look at him Lilo, he's creepy! I don't know how I'll be able to sleep with that... thing... loose in the house.
Lilo: YOU'RE loose in the house all the time, AND I SLEEP JUST FINE!
- After Lilo tells Stitch to build something and he sets out creating a scale model of San Francisco.Lilo: (completely deadpan) Wow. San Francisco.
- Then, after Stitch goes on a kaiju-esque rampage and destroys the whole model:"No more caffeine for you."
- Just prior to this, Stitch going berserk all over Lilo's room... only to be calmed down when she just puts a lei around his neck◊.
- Then, after Stitch goes on a kaiju-esque rampage and destroys the whole model:
- Pleakley discovering the dietary habits of Earth's most "endangered" species which is later revealed to be a ruse by Cobra Bubbles.Pleakley: (gasps) Look! A mosquito has chosen me as her perch! She's so...beautiful...look! Another one! And another one... (Pleakley gets swarmed by them) why, it's a whole flock! And they like me! They're nuzzling my flesh with their noses! And now they're, uh... they're... (camera cuts away to a distant view) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
- At nighttime, Nani is speaking on the phone to one of her friends, feeling worried about what kind of creature could Stitch be while looking at a book of dog breeds trying to identify the little blue alien among them. As soon as she walks into the kitchen, we see Stitch's huge shadow ominously rearing his four arms in a threatening position, while Nani stares in shock... and it turns out he's just raiding the house's fridge in search of a soda, all while Nani stares awkwardly at him while breathing heavily. Once he gets the soda can he wanted, Stitch grabs it in his jaws, gently closes the fridge's door and leaves the kitchen. Nani's confussed "WTF?" face is just priceless.
- When Lilo shows Nani that Stitch can used as an amplifier for Lilo's record player. Nani's expression sells it.
- When Cobra confronts Nani about losing her job, Stitch walks up behind Nani while holding a book. He stares innocently at Cobra for a moment, growls and, without any provocation at all, chucks the freaking book at Cobra's face.
- When one of the lenses of Cobra's sunglasses pops out as a belated reaction to the hit.
- Stitch learning to dance (in about twenty seconds).
- The couple brief moments in his and Lilo's dance where they look towards the viewer, as seen in the above image.
- This dialogue during Jumba and Stitch's fight:Jumba: Come on! What's the big deal?
Stitch: Inga tu shmeeshta!
Jumba: I'll put you back together again. I'll make you taller and not so fluffy!
Stitch: I LIKE FLUFFY!
- And after Jumba tosses plates through the ceiling which Stitch is on, Stitch says something in alien that vaguely sounds like a Your Mom insult and Jumba's hilarious response to it:
- "BLUE PUNCH BUGGY!" (Stitch whacks Jumba with a blue punch bug car, owner: Nani) "NO PUNCH BACKS!"
- Once there's a full-fledged brawl between aliens going on in her living room, Lilo calls her social worker:Lilo: Hello? Cobra Bubbles? Aliens are attacking my house.
Pleakley: No, no, no! NO ALIENS!
Lilo: They want my dog!
Pleakley: There's no need to alert the authorities! (snatches the phone from her) Everything's under control.
Bubbles: Lilo, who was that?
Lilo: Oh, good, my dog found the chainsaw!
Bubbles: Lilo! Don't hang-
- This exchange when the house is under attack when Stitch gets ahold of Jumba's plasma gun.Stitch: HAH! (Jumba stuffs a carrot into the muzzle)
Jumba: You shouldn't play with guns.
Stitch: Oh, okay. (casually hands it back to him as it begins to overload)
Jumba: Thank you. (realizes the gun's gonna blow and quickly hands it back to Stitch) Oh! I just remembered! It's your birthday! Happy Birthday! (turns to leave)
Stitch: (grabs Jumba and hands the gun back) Uh, uh...Merry Christmas!
Jumba: (throws it back) It's not Christmas.
Stitch: (throws it back) Happy Hanukkah!
Jumba: (as Pleakley scoops up Lilo and carries her away from the house) It's not Hanukkah!
Lilo: We're leaving Stitch?
Pleakley: Trust me! This is NOT gonna end well!
Jumba: (they continue tossing the gun back and forth) One potato!
Stitch: Two potato!
Jumba: Three potato!
Jumba: Five potato!
Stitch: Six potato!
Jumba: Seven potato more!
Jumba: (triumphantly holding the gun up, while Stitch cringes, knowing what's about to happen) HAH! I win!
(KA-BOOM!!!; house explodes in a burst of green smoke)
- Nani confronts Stitch after everything hits the fan, whacking him with a branch.Nani: Where is Lilo? Talk! I know you can!
Stitch: (stands up, groaning) Okay, okay...
Nani: (screams in terror and whacks him again)
- Stitch talking Jumba into going to rescue Lilo.Jumba: WHAT?! After all you put me through, you expect me to help you just like that? Just like that?!
Jumba: (beat) Fine!
Pleakley: "Fine"? You're doing what he says?
Jumba: He's very persuasive.
- This becomes funnier when you realize that "Ih" translates to "Yes".
- From the climax, we get this priceless line from Pleakley:
- In Jumba and Pleakly's ship, trying to catch up to Gantu and rescue Lilo, Jumba reassures Nani on their chances of success.Nani: Are you sure you know what you're doing?
Jumba: Don't worry. Is all part of plan. We are professionals!
Stitch: (tears out a lever and tries to eat it)
Jumba: Hey! Get that out of your mouth!
Nani: (Face Palm)
- This exchange:Gantu: (to Stitch) Abomination.
- And what follows from that:
- It should also be noted that when he lifts Gantu's hand up and off, Stitch has his second pair of arms folded, making a statement about how effortless this is for him. Which just makes it funnier considering Gantu is supposed to be more big and strong than he.
- The look on David's face when Lilo asks him to give everyone a lift to the shore - Lilo, Stitch, Nani, Pleakley, Jumba, and Gantu (although the last one is probably big enough to just wade)."Uhh... sure. But I'll have to make two trips."
- Shortly after this we hear David talking to Stitch, and we hear him saying:David: So you're from outer space. I hear the surfing there is choice.
- Shortly after this we hear David talking to Stitch, and we hear him saying:
- Before the Grand Councilwoman can take Stitch, Cobra gently reminds Lilo of her certificate of ownership. Without hesitation Lilo marches up to the Councilwoman, tugs on her robe and says:Lilo: HEY!
- Then, when the Grand Councilwoman hears her and looks around surprised. It takes her a second to realize that she should look down.
- The revelation of Cobra Bubbles previous employment. He is a former CIA agent that saved the world once when he "Convinced an alien race that mosquitoes are an endangered species." Suddenly Pleakley's claims at the start that humans are intellectually inferior become doubly hilarious.
- The Grand Councilwoman even recognizes Cobra. They met at Roswell back in 1973. "Ah yes. You had hair then."
- The ending montage, with moments such as Stitch exchanging a lollipop for a bottle with a baby, and then dressing as Batman using a recently-cleaned pair of undies as a cowl. Nani is not amused.
- Right before the Grand Councilwoman leaves Earth, she looks at Jumba and Pleakley waving at her. She politely waves back at them and whispers to a guard, "Don't let those two get on my ship."
- The deleted Tsunami scene. After feeling the brunt of racist white tourists asking if she speaks English and then mangling basic Hawaiian, Lilo learns that a siren test will be going off soon, then goes down to the beach and begins ranting about tsunamis whose giant waves "move faster than the speed of sound," with the siren being the only warning, concluding with an incredibly dramatic "TOURISTS, PREPARE TO DIE!" Cue the siren test and all of the beachgoers (plus Jumba and Pleakley) running for their lives.
- Meta joke: Apparently someone was watching Young Frankenstein on Netflix, which inexplicably got the subtitles to this movie on it. Netflix soon responded that the issue had been fixed.(Screenshot of Lilo using Stitch like a record player speaker)
Caption: Frau Blücher?! (deranged neighing)