The Wicked is a 2013 American horror film directed by Peter Winther.
A quartet of teenagers decide to investigate a house called Open Hearth that, according to legend, houses a child-eating witch. They throw rocks at the house, and later on that night the witch begins to hunt them.
This movie contains examples of the following tropes:
- Burn the Witch!: The ultimate solution. Or is it?
- Cruel and Unusual Death: The witch runs Tracy and Carter through a meat grinder feet-first before eating them.
- The End... Or Is It?: Although the house is destroyed, it's hinted at the end that the witch is still hunting children.
- Hot Witch: The titular witch once she regains her youth she's revealed to be actually a quite beautiful woman.
- I'm a Humanitarian: The witch eats children; girls for beauty, boys for strength.
- Police are Useless: The cops reject the teens' first call for help as a prank, and Deputy Karl only gets involved when Sammy threatens him with blackmail.
- The "The" Title
- Wicked Witch: Take a guess.
- The Witch Hunter: Turns out Max's grandpa used to be one of these.