Shotgun is a 1989 action film.
Ian "Shotgun" Jones is a Cowboy Cop on the LAPD. When his prostitute sister is murdered by a maniac with connections, Jones goes on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge across the city. Not even being kicked off the force can stop him from going to Mexico to exact some deadly justice.
This film contains examples of:
- Amoral Attorney: Rivington handles court cases immediately after instituting a massacre to maintain his drug ring.
- Arch-Enemy: Shotgun Jones has Fletcher Rivington, the Amoral Attorney who killed his sister.
- Big Bad: Fletcher Rivington, the Amoral Attorney who killed Jones's sister.
- Bondage Is Bad: Subverted; Bondage itself isn't the issue, Rivington is just too rough and ignored the Safe, Sane, and Consensual rule.
- Bounty Hunter: During his six-month suspension, Jones decides to become a skiptracer to keep the bills paid.
- Hate Sink: Sims, an Internal Affairs agent with such an Irrational Hatred of Jones that he's willing to commit entrapment just to get our hero fired.
- It's Personal: Jones originally treats his investigation as a standard hooker-basher case, until his sister is killed by the perp.
- One-Word Title
- Protagonist Title
- The Red Baron: "Shotgun" Jones, after his belief that Shotguns Are Just Better.
- Sadist: Rivington is a traditional sexual sadist, getting off on beating the shit out of hookers.
- Shot in the Ass: Jones takes down a car thief this way.
- The Sociopath: Fletcher Rivington, an Amoral Attorney who will kill anybody to expand his criminal empire, and tortures hookers for fun in his spare time.
- Villain Opening Scene: The first scene is Rivington's goons killing a Mexican gang so they can take over a village.
- Weapon Title