Lead Me Astray is an upcoming 2014 Australian independent film written and directed by Tom Danger.
When a single act of violence causes a young man's troubled childhood to come back, his world is turned upside-down and the love of his life is threatened. And until the film comes out, that's all we can put here, really.
The official trailer for the film can be seen here. AS THIS FILM HAS NOT YET BEEN RELEASED, we can only list tropes that appear in the trailer.
This film provides examples of:
- Color Contrast: The stark Red/Blue variety shown in the lighting for some scenes.
- Cool Mask: The mask worn by the masked man is actually the same mask that would have been worn by Dark Age burn victims, says the director.
- Crowbar Combatant: There's one that gets passed around, it seems.
- Face Framed in Shadow: The masked man gets this treatment.
- Headbutt of Love: Between Alexis and Lacey in some shots.
- I'll Kill You!: Alexis making said threat to a man with a knife to Lacey's throat.
- Mentor Archetype: It seems the old man and Alexis have a history together.
- True Blue Femininity: The first time Lacey appears on screen, she's clearly invoking this trope.
- Unnaturally Blue Lighting: Some scenes combine this with unnaturally RED lighting. Other scenes have it on its own.