Going Bye-Bye is a classic 1934 comedy short film starring Laurel and Hardy. It was the first Laurel and Hardy film to feature a Nightmare Fuel ending gag. The story starts where the boys are in court after the arrest of Butch. After Butch was found guilty, he says that when he escapes from prison, he will break off their legs and wrap them around their necks.
This short provides the example of:
- The Bad Guy Wins: Well, Butch successfully cuts Stan and Ollie's legs off and wrapped them around their neck. However, He was caught by the police and they arrested Butch.
- Berserk Button: Butch vows to get revenge.Butch: You dirty, rotten, no-good squealer. You rats! I will get you for this if it's the last thing I ever do! But when I escape from jail, I will break off your legs and wrap them around your neck!
- Bittersweet Ending: Even though the duo get their legs broken off and tied around their necks, Butch is once again arrested.
- Conscience Makes You Go Back: A man warns the two detectives, Stan and Ollie after the case was solved that they should get out of town because the Butch is like an elephant, he will never forget.
- The Great Escape: Butch escapes from prison.