For a Good Time, Call... is a 2012 comedy film directed by Jamie Travis and starring Ari Graynor, Lauren Miller Rogen, and Justin Long.
When her self-absorbed boyfriend dumps her in order to move to Italy, Lauren Powell (Rogen) finds herself in desperate need of a new place to live. As it happens, local phone sex worker Katie Steele (Graynor) is looking for a roommate in order to hold on to her apartment, so she takes Lauren in. Then Lauren's boss suddenly retires and shuts down his firm, leaving her out of a job. Upon discovering how much Katie makes, Lauren decides to help her overhaul her business, thus beginning a partnership that grows into something more.
This film contains examples of:
- Ambiguously Bi: Katie has taken the occasional female caller. The film ends with her realizing that she loves both Lauren and Sean.
- Camp Gay: Jesse, Katie and Lauren's mutual friend, is very camp.
- Holier Than Thou: Krissy turns out to have been infiltrating Mmm-Hmm in order to proselytize to the customers.
- Intimate Telecommunications: Katie works for a phone sex hotline; the plot revolves around her new roommate helping her overhaul her business. And ironically, Katie has never actually had physical sex.
- Potty Failure: Back when they were in college, Lauren agreed to give a drunk Katie a ride back to her dorm. On the way there, Katie peed into a coffee cup and then accidentally spilled it on Lauren. Lauren avoided her for years after that.
- Urban Legend Love Life: Despite all the years Katie has been working as a phone sex operator, she has never actually had physical sex with anyone.