When the turtles are hit with a mysterious blue substance, an unexpected transformation occurs. Can they deal with the consequences of this change? Is it permanent? Do they, maybe, want it to be?
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Baleful Polymorph: During their first training session post-Humanity Ensues, Splinter is forced to end it early because the turtles physiology is much more vulnerable as humans, Raphael accidentally injuring Michelangelo with a move that he would normally shrug off.
- Changing Clothes Is a Free Action: When the turtles turn human, they somehow end up in human clothes. It is even lampshaded in-story.
- Fan Art: "My Face!!!", "Glow Turts", "Zapped", "Morning Person", "The Second Mutation", "Ice Cream", "It's not about Sides, Raph", "School Day" and "It's Impossible to Run" by WinterHeath.
- Guns in Church: Averted. Splinter lets the turtles (having just turned human) go explore the surface like normal humans on the condition that they leave their weapons, knowing that it would be very suspicious seeing four teenage boys walking around with ninja weapons in broad daylight.
- Humanity Ensues: The plot involves the turtles being struck by paintball-esq experimental Mutagenic Goo (aptly called "Blue Goo" by Michelangelo) by the Kraang that turns the turtles into humans.
- Painful Transformation: As how the Blue Goo's transformation is described as being.
- Pinocchio Syndrome: On a sliding scale between the turtles. It is very obvious that Michelangelo likes being human more than his brothers, so much so that he would like to make the change permanent. Leonardo likes the idea of being human but is willing to turn back. Donatello does not have any real opinion and rather prefers to study his new condition. Raphael averts the premise entirely and voices his distain for his new, weaker body often.
- The Sleepless: By the time they turn human, Donatello has gone two days without sleep and is practically forced by Leonardo to bed when he wants to research his new condition instead.
- Tracking Device: The Kraang built a device that can track any forms of mutation caused by the Blue Goo. Because the tracker has such low-range however, it cannot track them in the sewers and they could easily hide in a crowd of humans.