Uninstall is a Transformers fanfic written by Zombieheroine.
The Omega Keys revive Cybertron, and the battlefront of the Autobot-Decepticon War moves back to the homeworld. Troops of both sides roaming the galaxy start to return, and the war goes on. But after eons and eons of seemingly meaningless battles over the devastated Cybertron and energon scraps everyone is feeling tired and bitter, and the will to fight is at all-time low. This is the perfect time to dig up some old traditions and laws and push the guilt and responsibility on the shoulders of those who started it all, thus allowing the rest to move on towards the dream of a peaceful future.
But getting rid of the consequences and burdens of the past is a long, painful process, far from happy and even further from the end, and no scapegoat is strong enough to carry away all the grief, loss and grudge of a people with a history of such oppression and cruel war.
The story is about an AU where Optimus wouldn't have destroyed the Omega Keys to prevent Cybertron reviving and ruled by Decepticons.The story is very well written, each character (no matter if they are Autobots or Decepticons) get some Hidden Depths and OCs are also well portrayed.
Tropes featured in Uninstall include:
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: Characters are more bitter about the War's effects and the loss of their comrades. Furthermore, Starscream's angst about the loss of Vos as well as his seeking for Megatron's approval was only hinted while it is explicit in the story.
- A Day in the Limelight: The first part of the story focuses on one or many particular characters, it being an Autobot or a Decepticon. The chapter is portraying its views on the war and about living together with the enemy or destroying it. Even Vehicons get their own focus.
- Corrupt Politician: Ratbat as an old member of the High Council.
- Friendly Enemy: Bulkhead is friendly toward the Vehicons, even helping them with Cybertron's reconstruction. It is also a reference to Predacon Rising movie, even though events never happened in this story. Furthermore, Knockout even chats with Bumblebee and Smokescreen in the first chapters without attacking them.
- Soundwave also has some respect toward Optimus and the others Autobots and doesn't attack them whenever they meet each other.
- Grey and Gray Morality
- Hypocritical Heartwarming / Worthy Opponent: Despite their mutual hatred for each other, Megatron actually calls Ratbat out on calling Optimus "Orion Pax" while he is still the Prime and has to be referred that way.
- Living with the Villain: The point of the story.
- Rousing Speech: Each Optimus and Megatron give one to any Cybertronian coming back to Cybertron, although Megatron does this to get more support.
- Spared By Adaptation: Dreadwing isn't dead.
- Take a Third Option: Instead of Cybertron ruled by Autobots or Decepticons, the Red Star Colony inhabited by neutral Cybertronians who escaped the war, return on Cybertron to re-establish the old Cybertronian system
- Villainous Friendship: Knockout is Starscream's confidant
- Wham Episode: Chapter 7 ends up with the two factions beginning to fight, but are stopped by Override's calvary. Everyone is arrested.
- With Us or Against Us: Megatron makes perfectly clear that anyone who wouldn't join him would be destroyed.