Total Exploded Pahkitew Island is a fanfiction by Sideshow Jazz 1. It is an AU of Total Drama Pahkitew Island, where a fifteenth contestant, Julie Sanchez, is placed on the Waneyihtam Maskwak (Confused Bears), and her presence causes many elimination and character developments to change. Challenges are won by different teams, very few eliminations are the same in canon, and characters who originally got little spotlight generally last longer.
Total Exploded Pahkitew Island contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Julie herself as a track star, rivaled only by athlete Sky and strongwoman Jasmine.
- Affably Evil: Julie wants to win Total Drama. Apart from all her strategies, she's actually a pretty nice person.
- Berserk Button: Any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct makes the normally levelheaded Sky furious. This is shown early on when Max and Scarlett electrocute Ella and she grows to dislike Julie due to her suspicions that she is cheating.
- Career-Ending Injury: Julie breaks her ankle during the second part of the semifinals, ironically a challenge she created. Although the injury isn't permanent, it means she is automatically eliminated, as she has no chance of gaining more points than Sky or Shawn, as the score is four-all and she can't compete in Shawn's challenge.
- Cheaters Never Prosper: Julie's eavesdropping and underhand tactics eventually come back to bite her in the final three where Shawn and Sky are determined to make sure she doesn't win. She eventually breaks her ankle, causing her to forfeit both her own challenge and Shawn's challenge and ends up with the lowest score, in spite of winning Sky's challenge.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Julie appoints herself this to Pollyanna Ella, defending her from Sugar and trying to look out for her safety.
- Disc-One Final Boss: Sugar, who is ousted fifth, after Julie makes a point of telling her off for picking on Ella.
- Exact Eavesdropping: Julie's main way of getting information on the other contestants. Two such occasions is when she hears about Shawn's fear of zombies early on, and when Scarlett talks about how she made her brother's remote control toys attack him, just because he once pulled her hair. She also uses the confessional to decide who to vote for by discerning her teammates' thoughts.
- Fix Fic: The whole point of the fic was to work out how the season could be changed or fixed by adding another character. This includes Amy gaining some respect for her sister, Sugar getting some reprimand for her mistreatment of Ella, and Sky being able to communicate to Dave that she doesn't want a relationship while she's competing.
- The Food Poisoning Incident: Played straight with everyone except Julie and Shawn. Julie attempts to eat the Juggy Chunks, but decides she won't be able to keep it down.
- Gratuitous Spanish: Averted. Julie calls Amy "amiga" early on and Word of God says she is fluent in Spanish, but very rarely uses it.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite all Julie's jerk moves, like the numerous eliminations she influences, she's usually a nice girl who just knows how to play the game, and she even feels guilty when she ditches Ella for Shawn because of his higher capabilities.
- Odd Friendship: Julie, the devious eavesdropper, befriends innocent, sweet Ella, who would never hurt anyone.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Julie gives one of these to the twins early on. She is furious that Amy picks on Sammy, and just as angry that Sammy doesn't even try to stand up for herself.
- Villain Protagonist: Julie may be the heroine, but she's the main villain of the season.