The Remnants of Mobotropolis is a Sonic the Hedgehog fanfiction written by TV Tropes user Shadowboxer 2005, who also wrote Legends Of Sonic. The series follows from Tails' Point-of-View as he tries to survive in the ruins of Mobotropolis.
Tropes seen in "The Remnants of Mobotropolis"
- Absentee Actor: Surprisingly, Sonic doesn't appear.
- Darker and Edgier: More like Darker and Depressinger
- Downer Beginning: You know things are going to be depressing when the entire opening narration is about how unlivable Mobotropolis is after Robotnik took over.
- Ghost City: Mobotropolis, it was once a flourishing city, but is now just a shell of its former self.
- I Miss Mom: While it isn't stated, we're pretty sure Tails would be missing his mother.
- Minimalist Cast: Only Tails, Mighty and Matilda, along with a couple make appearances.
- My Parents Are Dead: Tails' parents to an extent, though technically they're still alive.
- "Ray of Hope" Ending: While only one-chapter is posted, it does have a somewhat happy ending.
- The Ghost: Tails' parents are mentioned at the beginning, and Maximillian Acorn appears as a statue. It's also stated by Tails there is around 50 people left in Mobotropolis.
- Watching Troy Burn: Tails watches as Mobotropolis simply becomes a ghost town, with only 50 people.