Everypony enjoys myths and ponytales, even if they know such things aren't real. Alicorns fighting against a spirit of chaos? An ancient princess trapped in a library under a tree, waiting to be found? Quite enchanting and fantastic tales yes, but nonetheless as fictional as Daring Do and other such stories. At least, that's what Rarity used to think.
She doesn't anymore.
The Enchanted Library contains examples of:
- Action Girl: When push comes to shove, Rarity is quite willing to fight, also making her an Action Fashionista. And at the end of the story, Twilight easily takes out timberwolves after escaping the Library.
- Adorkable: One side of the romance is Twilight Sparkle, after all.
- All Myths Are True: The core of the fic.
- Closet Key: Rarity assumed she was straight until she fell in love with Twilight.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Twilight starts off cold and distant toward Rarity, but over time, comes to more closely resemble herself from the show. This also makes her a Classic Tsundere, respective to Rarity.
- Despair Event Horizon: Despite setbacks, things seem to be going pretty well for Rarity and Twilight. But then the story goes into overdrive, throwing despair-inducing event after despair-inducing event at the couple.
- Love Epiphany: Only when Rarity glowingly describes Twilight to Pinkie, leading to teasing from her and Fluttershy, does Rarity realize she like likes Twilight.
- Plot Coupon: Rarity must collect all the lost books lent out from the Library in order to free Twilight.
- Red Herring: Collecting the books turns out to be completely irrelevant to releasing Twilight.
- Sequel: The Enchanted Kingdom; it's recommended you don't look at the page until finishing this story.