Re: Smash Generation is a Super Smash Bros. fanfiction, and a rewrite of the Smash Generation original story. It is a collaboration of the original two authors, Autobot Axann and Chrislma, and a new writer by the name of Mother Rue. The rewrite contains changes to the main storyline including plot holes being fixed, and new plot elements being added in. Many of the Smash Generation members themselves were also changed around, renamed, or taken out completely, except for a select few.
Re: Smash Generation depicts the adventure of the children of the main characters from the year of 2029, travelling back to the year 2009 for the Generations tournament. What sort of plot elements that have been changed to fit the new storyline is not yet known, but chances are, the plot is going to be completely different at this rate. And it is. As it turns out, Waluigi had in fact wandered back in time using a device made by Professor E. Gadd to ensure his brother staying in the tournament (Or so all the characters in the beginning say). To ensure that the story gets chronicled properly, Axann and Chrislma approach newcomer Rue to write the new storyline.
Figuring out which Smash Generation member is the future child of which Smashers might still be a fun activity if a lot of elements of the original have been changed, and new characters have been added (such as a few more Hylias than before).
Re: Smash Generation provides examples of:
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Many of the Smashers use these types of blade, including but not limited to, Marth, Ike, and Link.
- Alternate Continuity: The whole thing has its own timeline of when everything happened, and it counts as one too, due to being a remake of the original fanfiction. What factors that were a part of the original story might not even matter in the new one. Already, with just the first chapter, there are big changes.
- Author Appeal: Mother Rue wanted to re-do it to fix the plot holes. Axann and Chrislma just rang with it and said "Sure, why not?"
- Rue's avatar includes Ness in her mash up mix of favourite characters. Chances are, more Earthbound characters might be included.
- Axann loves twin characters and Chrislma loves excitable females and stoic males. These two author appeal groups still apply, with five sets of twins in the Smash Generation group, however, all sets came from a family that already had twins previously.
- Author Avatar: All four of the original writers of Smash Generation inserted themselves into an alternate world, along with one of their friends. They each take forms that apply to their favourite games or characters, and indirectly interfere with the events of the story. To fit in with the two already made avatars, Rue made her own avatar, an albino Hylian to go with Chrislma's younger, auburn haired Hylian and Axann's Rito.
- Badass Army: The Smashers in general.
- Being Good Sucks: Seems to be the case for Ganondorf, who despite being able to obviously joke around with Zelda over Young and Toon's real names, he regularly turns around and tries to attack the kingdom.
- Dub Name Change: A few of the Smash Generation members have had their names changed, such as Lance to Prance so he wouldn't get mistaken for new character Lane, and Justin and Aaron to Pedro and Dent respectfully. In a similar vein, Young Link and Toon Link now have their own original first names.
- Given Name Reveal: Link's only line in the first chapter is to tell his friends that Young Link and Toon Link's real names are Deforest and Arkansas.
- Half-Identical Twins: Aine and Aden as per the norm from the original. Seems to still be the case for Maven and Impa/Zel.
- Hammerspace: Just where did Dakota pull K.K.'s guitar out of?
- Meaningful Name: Rinku's name is his father's name in Japanese. Toki and Kaze's names are time and wind, linking them to either Toon Link or Young Link.
- Furthermore, there's Toon Link and Young Link's real names revealed in the first chapter. Toon Link's is Arkansas, which means southern wind, and Young Link's is Deforest, which means living near the forest.
- Noodle Incident: A few references are made to Sedaindo X and Sedaindo Y.
- Passing the Torch: The first chapter begins with Rue meeting with Axann and Chrislma about writing the new storyline.
- Wham Line: Link's only line in the first chapter. It's concerning his little brothers real names. Their "Link" names are only titles.