Set after Super Paper Mario, Peach is surprised to find out her marriage to Bowser can't be annulled. It's legally bounding and, as rulers of two different kingdoms, is for life. Now married to Bowser, Princess — soon to be Queen — Peach must learn to deal with her new life and her eight new step-children.
Despite being a popular fanfic, Married to the Koopa King has only seven chapters and hasn't been updated since 2010. The writer moved from FanFiction.Net to Archive of Our Own. There's a chance the story will be remade, but it hasn't happened yet.
Married to the Koopa King provides examples of:
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Gender-inverted. Bowser has eight kids, some that are nearly teens, but isn't even thirty. This is because he married Clawdia around age fifteen.
- Childhood Friend Romance: While kidnapped as a baby, Peach and Bowser did play together. Bowser has fond memories of that. While Bowser fell in love with Peach years later, Peach didn't feel the same and instead saw him as an Abhorrent Admirer. Peach, however, has the potential to return Bowser's feelings.
- Covert Pervert: Everyone thinks Peach is absurdly innocent and pure, but she does have her hormonal side. She likes to read NSFW romance novels.
- Faking the Dead: Bowser's ex-wife Clawdia faked a car accident because she knew she couldn't legally divorce Bowser. She told Bowser afterwards (in a letter).
- Long-Distance Relationship: There's an implied one between Mario and Pauline.
- Married Too Young: Bowser and Clawdia married in their teens. They quickly found out that there wasn't much to their relationship beyond the physical. After their eighth child, Clawdia faked her death and ran off, leaving Bowser to raise their kids by himself.
- Missing Mom: Not soon after Junior was hatched, Clawdia faked her own death and ran off.
- Mistaken for Romance: Everyone, even Peach's cousin Daisy, thinks Mario and Peach are a couple. Peach has never had feelings for Mario. Mario's dedication to rescuing Peach is not due to his love for her, but due to a love of adventure. When Peach marries Bowser, Mario is only upset because his days of being a hero and regularly rescuing Peach are over.
- Parental Title Characterization: The Koopalings call Bowser "King Dad", showing that, while they're affectionate towards Bowser, his title comes first.
- Princesses Rule: It's explained that Peach could not become queen until she married.
- Related in the Adaptation:
- The Koopalings are Bowser's children.
- Peach and Daisy are cousins.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Peach loves Peachy Peaches. She eats them with her meals (or even as the main dish).