Familial Moments is a slice of life fanfic set after Advent Children. It primarily follows Cloud and Tifa as they live their lives after Sephiroth's final defeat. It is complete as of August 19, 2010.
Familial Moments provides examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: There is one customer that keeps trying to ask Tifa out. Thankfully, the kids do all they can to keep him from talking to her, which she is not unaware of. This becomes unnecessary once she and Cloud become a couple.
- The Cameo: Leon from Kingdom Hearts makes an appearance in two chapters.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Cloud and Tifa can't seem to say that they love each other. The kids in their care actually try to help them along out of frustration.
- Denzel and Marlene follow in Cloud and Tifa's footsteps.
- Elopement: Tseng and Elena elope, much to Cloud and Tifa's amusement.
- Everyone Can See It: Everyone, from their friends to the kids in their care, can see the attraction between Cloud and Tifa.
- Everyone can also see the budding romance between Denzel and Marlene.
- Hands-On Approach: Cloud teaches Tifa some swordplay this way.
- Happily Adopted: Denzel, Marlene, and numerous other orphans.
- Like Father, Like Son: Denzel seems to have picked up obliviousness from Cloud.
- Original Characters: All of the orphans are original characters.
- Orphanage of Love: Cloud and Tifa end up turning Seventh Heaven into one, taking in any orphans they find.
- Precocious Crush: Denzel has one on Yuffie, to the ninja's embarrassment, Marlene's chagrin, and the rest of Avalanche's amusement.
- Relationship Upgrade: It takes a lot of chapters, but Cloud and Tifa finally get into a relationship.
- Secret Relationship: They don't mean to keep it a secret, but Cloud and Tifa don't tell anyone when they finally become a couple. The kids find out on their own and are somewhat upset that the two didn't tell anyone they had already gotten together.
- Shipper on Deck: The orphans and Yuffie try to get Cloud and Tifa's relationship going.
- Talking to the Dead: Some of the characters talk to Aerith as a form of therapy.
- Twice Shy: It's obvious to anyone who's interacted with them any amount of time to see that Cloud and Tifa like each other. But both are too shy to even make the first move to start a relationship, even with the kids and Yuffie doing everything they can to speed things along. It takes a pep talk from Zack to spur Cloud to finally make the first move.