Hence the fanfic's name, it's mostly centered around Deathpaw. This fanfic is quite short, and was likely discontinued. It was first published on March 7, 2019.
We begin with the typical "kits become apprentices", and then we get into a training session with cats from both GlareClan and ClowderClan, where Kitpaw straight up attacks Deathpaw, his own brother.
Some other add-ons include that Kitpaw and Deathpaw are the grandchildren of the leader. They are also aware of a prophecy.
This fanfic contains examples of...
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Pretty much the whole of The Votaries of Starrywhisker.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Practically all of the cats in The Votaries of Starrywhisker, and a few others.
- Anatomically Impossible Sex: In the ClowderClan allegiances, Koipond is said to be expecting Dragonclaw's kits, although Dragonclaw is also a she-cat.
- Captain Obvious: The prophecy mentions "the paws of a kit" and "bones of death" which sound oh, so similar to the names of the main characters! Gee, wonder what it could be!
- A Cat in a Gang of Dogs: Inverted. Dog is an actual dog who hangs out with their cat clanmates.
- Cliché: So much of it. From the gathered around the pool prologue, to the "main character is bullied for being different" cliche.
- Color Contrast: Appears to be implied. The cats in GlareClan and ClowderClan have normal appearances (well, mostly), while the cats of The Votaries of Starrywhisker are all bright and neon colors. More especially Lupin.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Kitkit's name, at least until he becomes an apprentice.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Dog in The Votaries of Starrywhisker.
- Drugs Are Bad: Appears to be implied with Weed.
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: Zombie. No further explaination needed.
- Everything's Louder with Bagpipes: Implied with Keyfeather, who has "loud tags".
- Gender Bender: At first, Yafflewing is said to be a tom, but then the description uses "her" almost directly after.
- Yafflewing- brown tabby tom with a red stripe down her head
- Meaningful Name: Vulturestar has a furless head.
- Mark of the Supernatural: Deathpaw has bone-like stripes.
- Pint-Sized Kid: Dirtstripe. Kitpaw is said to tower over him, despite being a new apprentice.
- Short Story: We get allegiances, a prologue, and one chapter. That's it.
- Strawberry Shorthand: With Strawberryfields.
- Technicolor Eyes: Galewind, the ClowderClan medicine cat, has gold and pink eyes.
- The Undead: Zombie is said to be undead.
- Villainous Fashion Sense: Deathpaw looks so evil that it's crazy. However, he's actually our protagonist, and Kitpaw is the evil one.