For how long can David Dakota keep his favorite video game character under the covers?
Dakota, by Vermin 616, is a Star Fox fanfiction where Fox McCloud is sent years back in time and crashes his ship into Earth. A furry gamer teenager by the name of David Dakota ends up meeting him and brings McCloud to his house before the military can get a hold of him. Now, Dakota, with one of his favorite video game characters in his house, has the objective of hiding him from humanity at all costs.
The story has seven chapters (eight if you count the extra one) and can be read here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11139731/1/Dakota
Dakota contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: David's dad not only beats him up at a certain point in the fanfic, but he also forces David to eat whatever is left of his lunch after he's done with it. And that isn't the first time he does that.
- Alliterative Name: David Dakota
- All Just a Dream: One of the theories is that the whole fanfic was David daydreaming about the future as he was making his way to the principal's office about the drawing.
- Another Dimension
- Bi the Way: David's drawings reveal that he's bi.
- Character Title: Dakota is David's last name.
- Cooldown Hug: Fox gives one to David after Wolf murders David's parents.
- Driven to Suicide: David, after shooting his bully at school, shoots himself in the head right after. He survives and is sent to a sanatorium...or does he?
- Foreshadowing: A lot.
- Gainax Ending: One of the biggest Star Fox fanfiction Mind Screws in existance.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Fox does not like swearing and therefore, he always says "Gosh" instead of "God".
- Heroic BSoD: Fox has one after he sees David's drawings.
- Jerkass: Unsurprisingly, Wolf.
- Also, David's father.
- Nuke 'em: One of David's biggest nightmares is that America gets nuked by North Korea. That eventually happens...or does it?
- Meaningful Name: The name Dakota means "friend" and "ally".
- Only Friend: Fox is David's only friend after the school incident.
- Where the Hell Is Springfield?: David's town is never revealed. All the information we got is that it's not really known across America.