Like in the original episode, Timmy wishes that he and Trixie Tang were the only two people left on Earth. This quickly takes a toll on Trixie. Her Sanity Slippage, however, has less to do with pure narcissism like it does in the original "Just The Two Of Us!". As it turns out, having everyone you know (and numerous you don't know) vanish without a trace isn't good for someone's mental health.
A Lonely Girl tries to fix Trixie's personality in "Just The Two Of Us!" to be more like her pre-flanderization characterization from the earlier episodes.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: Trixie's behavior is more sullen than neurotic. The reason for her nervous breakdown isn't narcissism but instead loneliness.
- False Friend: Trixie questions whether Veronica and the other "Popular Kids" are her genuine friends or not.
- Forgotten First Meeting: Trixie and Timmy were friends in kindergarten but they grew apart after a month. Trixie never made the connection that her friend with the pink hat was Timmy.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Trixie has always felt this way. She doesn't trust that her friends aren't only her friends for image alone. The disappearance of everyone only worsens her loneliness.
- Stalker with a Crush: Trixie notes that Timmy is an annoying stalker that she can't help but feel a bit endeared by due to his persistence.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: In chapter 2, Timmy reveals that he is Trixie's friend Timantha. He tries to cover it up by saying his friends bet on him to dress like a girl.