The premise is that the Smurfs have been whisked into the portal once more, but this time, they've not been sent to New York. They're actually in a place called Neverland, and they've still got Gargamel hot on their heels. They meet the Fairies of Neverland, who decide to take them in for the time being, and the story deals with how they adjust and try to get back to their home.
Since it's only six chapters in, it hasn't gone too far plot-wise, so most of the chapter's have been more about the characters and their growing relationships. The Disney Fairies portion is a mix of the books and the movies, and the Smurfs portion is a mix of the cartoon and the movies. There is a slight bit of romance, but at most it's rather light Smurf/Fairy.
This fanfiction contains examples of:
- Alien Among Us: How the fairies, understandably, seem to view the Smurfs. Nevertheless, they still take them in for the time being and have yet to do anything harsher than gawk.
- Big Bad: As is natural for their respective franchises, Gargamel and Captain Hook.
- Crossover: Yes, it is one.
- Crossover Couple: Seeing as this is a crossover, all Smurf/Fairy is this.
- Fish out of Water: The group of Smurfs were sort of expecting this, though not in they way they got it. They end up not in present day New York, which they were at least a little used to thanks to the first movie, but instead land in Neverland, which they have never seen before.
- Friendless Background: Poet has one, which leads to his shyness as well as the self-esteem problems that are shown in chapter six.
- Friend to All Living Things: As always, the Smurfs themselves.
- Gadgeteer Genius: The Tinker-talents and Handy.
- High on Catnip: In chapter one, catnip is tossed at Azrael and this is the result. Gargamel even asks if he's drugged.
- The High Queen: Queen Clarion, like she is in her franchise.
- Interspecies Romance: There is some Smurf/Fairy.
- Papa Wolf: Unsurprisingly, Papa Smurf.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Granted, poor Clumsy's practically a Lethal Klutz and he knows it.Clumsy: If you don't mind, I'd like just to go with Harmony, since I'm not much good at anything else.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Tracker, as demonstrated in chapter five.
- Trapped in Another World: What happens to Azrael, Gargamel, and the Smurfs.