Retsuraed is an on going MST series by the user Toko WH. Described by the author himself as 'halfway between a normal MST and an Abridged Series', besides the usual snarkyness that follows in normal MSTs, the people reading the fics like to add additional 'scenes' to the original fic that generally pokes fun at all the blatant plot holes and and Fridge Logic that original story creates. Another difference is that, unlike most MSTs that usually have a group of Original Characters or canon characters reading the fic, the author himself is the one who is reading through it and making snarky comments, with an occassional guest MSTer joining him every now and then.
So far, the fics he's read are as follow:
- I am Pink: The first MST, this is the story of a Pink Pikmin who runs away from his group because they wanted him to have sex with all the ladies in the village... Yeah.
- Pokémon: Attack of Mewtwo: Tackling the fic that was described as the My Immortal of Pokemon fanfiction, Toko tries to keep his sanity intact as he watches the 'story' of Sarah as she tries to stop an extremely OOC Mewtwo from "Exploding peoples heads".
- When Fifi Met Tails: Co-commentated by XxSuperDriverxX, the duo reads the story of... When Fifi met Tails, and marvel over how it took two people to write said fic.
These MSTs contain the following Tropes
- Contrived Coincidence: Said word for word by Toko in 'When Fifi Met Tails' when Fifi explains that her boyfriend (Hamton) is away on a vaction when the school dance is coming up.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The "Abridged Series" elements were a lot more prominent in the first MST (I am Pink), where Toko would even drastically alter lines of the original fics dialog for Rule of Funny. Though the "additional scenes" still pop up once in a while, they're more noticeable toned down and few and far in between in comparison, and the original dialog is rarely ever altered, making it a more straight foward MST.
- Either "World Domination", or Something About Bananas: Pops up in one of parody scenes in the 'I am Pink' MST when Olimar tries to talk to Haru in sign language. When Louie asks what he said, Olimar replis: "Either he was explaining that he ran away from his village because he was basically breeding stock to them, or gender and species boundaries mean nothing to him."
- Gratuitous French: 'When Fifi Met Tails' is full of this, courtesy of one of the tituler characters herself. Needless to say, Toko and Driver have a field day with it.
- Hypocrisy Nod: Toko states in his header that a lot of the jokes he's going to make in the 'When Fifi Met Tails' MST will likely be hypocritical, due to him writing his own Sonic/Tiny Toons cross-over focusing on Fifi and Tails.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Tails' comment about being 'nasty to nasturtiums' in the 'When Fifi met Tails' MST. Needless to say, Toko was not amused.
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up: Driver says this Trope word for word in 'When Fifi Met Tails' when the author states Tails is 16 in it, and foresees lemons in Tails' future. Toko is quick to point out though that only Tails was aged up, and sense the Tiny Toons ages were never revealed, it's quite likely they could all be around 10-12 at the time.
- Poirot Speak: Take a guess as to whose guilty of this in 'When Fifi Met Tails'. As Driver put it:SuperDriver: Yeah, I have no idea what Fifi just said, but apparently Tails does. Does Tails even understand French in the first place? Or horribly mangled English that thinks it's French?
- Running Gag: Each of the MSTs have at least one.
- Haru spying on girls at the bath house in 'I am Pink'.
- Jake secretly being a she-male in 'attack of mewtwo'.
- The 'inb4"X"' jokes between both Toko and Super in 'When Fifi Met Tails'.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Toko spends a good part of the 'When Fifi Met Tails' MST glossing over the fact that Fifi and Tails are out on several "dates" (and likely had off-screen sex), despite the fact that it was stated early on that Fifi was with Hamton at the time.
Toko: Ya' know, I don't know what's more disturbing. The fact that Fifi's friends (and by extension, Hamton's friends) are actively encouraging Fifi to cheat on him, or that it was Plucky of all people who attempted to call her out on it.
- In-Universe, Plucky of all people was the only one who attempted to call her out on it... Only to be wacked on the head with a mallet from Shirley.