- Take a celebratory drink every time you level up.
- Take two if it was a level up beyond Level 8.
- Toast your level-up with a glass of champagne if you reach Level 16.
- Take a drink for every Link Amp you see on a portal on your side.
- Take another if it's not being linked to anything far away.
- Down an entire bottle if there's four Link Amps.
- Take a drink every time you discover a "ring of shame" / "pineapple", i.e. a portal with all of it resonators concentrated at or very close to the center. Take another if it's a Portal on your side.
- Take a drink every time you and your faction mates are out making a Portal farm and an enemy player starts to attack it.
- Take a drink every time one of your Portals gets flipped to the other side (i.e. with a JARVIS Virus if you're a Resistance player, or an ADA Refactor if you're an Enlightened player) by one of your faction mates.
- Take another if it's because you were blocking an important Link. Smash the glass against your head if you get chewed out for it, either on COMM or in person.
- If the person who flipped it had no good reason to do it, they take a drink.
- Chug down a bottle every time you start up Ingress and discover that you're submerged by a massive enemy Field.
- Toast a drink with your faction mates if it's a field of your faction instead.
- Take a drink every time an enemy player calls you a term used pejoratively for you and your faction mates (e.g. "Frog" if you're Enlightened, "Smurf" if you're Resistance).
- While building a level 8 farm (a farm with all Level 8 Portals), take a drink every time someone accidentally drops a Resonator that's lower than Level 8.
- If you put down a lower-level Resonator, and get caught, take a drink.
- Take a drink every time you encounter a fellow player outside of a meetup or event. Take two if it's an enemy player.
- Take a drink every time you hack a Portal and you get no items.
- Take a drink to help you sleep when one of your portals is getting attacked at a ridiculously late hour.
- Take a drink when you find a portal's landmark has changed completely or isn't even there anymore.
- Take a drink every time you think you see Ingress players at first but they're actually playing Pokémon GO. If they're playing both games, take two. If they share the same Ingress faction and Go team as you, treat them to drinks.
- If you neutralize a portal (or ten) and get harassed by whoever owned these portals, grab a felt-tip marker, label a disposable cup "(name of angry enemy)'s Tears", and drink from it.
Drinking Game / Ingress