- Occasionally, players from both factions will cease hostilities to create memorials and tributes using portals and their respective links.
- Following the Midwest tornadoes of November 2013, the two factions created two overlapping control fields over the badly-damaged town of Washington, Illinois.
- In Istanbul, Turkey, the local Enlightened agreed to keep recharging a portal held by a deceased player as a tribute to him to get him the highest level Guardian badge for length of time the portal was held, which the local Resistance agreed not to touch. He got it.
- The fact that this game requires real-world exploration has led to positive impact on and testimony from many players, who have found new friends as a result of playing in groups and used the game as an incentive to go out and explore awesome places of interest that they would not otherwise consider visiting.
- One agent proposes to another right during an anomaly event.
Heartwarming / Ingress