This is a book series written by me and my buddy. It's about four girls growing up in the Biltmore House, in North Carolina. It centers around:
- Samantha "Sammy" Vanderbilt: The oldest of the Vanderbilt orphans, at age 13. Mischevious, Crazy Awesome, and the fun loving sister.
- Rosalind Vanderbilt: The second Vanderbilt Orphan, at age 12. She's sensible, intelligent, and reserved, much more than the other siblings.
- Elizabeth "Beth" Vanderbilt: The middle Vanderbilt orphan, at age 8. She's... the middle one. She's not as obnoxious and sarcastic as Samantha, or as motherly and intelligent as Rosalind, but is the perfect blend of all of her sisters.
- Alice Vanderbilt: The youngest Vanderbilt orphan, at age 5. She's the little one, who's usually sent out to do the dirty work for Sammy.
Plus, all the workers in the house, alond with their aunt and uncle who are raising them.
The series provides examples for the following tropes:
- Affirmative Action Girl: Sammy.
- Beta Couple: By the end of the second book, it's hard not to look at Rosalind and Benedict this way.
- Cheerful Child: Alice
- Cool Old Lady: Helen, even though she's not that old.
- Everyone Can See It: Sammy and Jasper
- Five-Man Band:
- Gentleman Snarker: Sammy, despite being a girl.
- Heartwarming Orphan: The titular Vanderbilts.
- Lethal Chef: Literally with Francois. Parodied with Sammy in the second book.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Samantha 'Sammy' Vanderbilt and Elizabeth 'Beth' Vanderbilt.
- Shipper on Deck: Everyone for Sammy and Jasper. EVERYONE.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Sammy and Rosalind