John Cooper Clarke is a poet and musician who was most popular during the late 70s/early 80s but has had widespread success in recent years. Hailed as Manchester's 'punk poet', he is a key figure of the punk rock era in the UK, from his biting prose to his famously Messy Hair.
These fucking tropes are fucking fucked...
- Audio Adaptation: The Arctic Monkeys song 'I Wanna Be Yours' is an adaption of his poem of the same name.
- Cluster F-Bomb: His poem Evidently Chickentown is a prime example of the Cluster F Bomb, using the word 83 times throughout the poem (though in some versions, he tones it down by saying "bloody" instead).
- Messy Hair: His distinctive scruffy black hair reflects his punk rock image.
- Oop North: John is from Salford in Northern England. When recollecting his childhood, he had some rather [[It'sGrimUpNorth grim]] memories to share.
- Three Chords and the Truth: A staple of all of John's music. Since he is a poet above all, his focus is always on the lyrics, letting the tune stay more minimal.