They have a degree in theatre, while having chosen it over soccer. She became involved with acting while going to Georiga State University, joining a troupe there. Their father had urged Ludlow to stay fit, advice she has followed all her life.
Ludlow is queer and uses she/they pronouns. She's best known for past roles in USA Network series Satisfaction, The Walking Dead and Another Life (2019). They also have had roles in a number of other movies and TV shows.
She is currently dating Carlena Britch, a Canadian actress. Ludlow is outspoken in support of LGBT+ rights. Ludlow states she's drawn to strong female characters and hopes to inspire women or girls with her work by playing them.
- Satisfaction (2015) as Mona (6 episodes)
- The Walking Dead (2016-18) as Arat (11 episodes)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) as Easik Mother
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) (2019) as First Lieutenant Lauren Griffin
- Another Life (2019) (2019-21) as Cas Isakovic (19 episodes)
- Equal (2020) as Stormé DeLarverie (1 episode)
- Peacemaker (2022) as Keeya Adebayo (5 episodes)
Tropes in her work include:
- Action Girl: Many of her characters are tough, capable women with combat skills.
- Ambiguously Brown: She's mixed race, but their characters are often of unspecified ethnicity.
- Boyish Short Hair: Her characters get this as it's Ludlow's style, which fits as they're generally action girls, tomboys, or in a couple cases butch lesbians.
- Queer Character, Queer Actor: Ludlow has played two characters who are LGBT+ like them.
- In Equal, she played the real Butch Lesbian Stormé DeLarverie, who protected the LGBT+ community in New York City with her guns (DeLarverie's scuffle with the NYPD is often identified as the spark of the famous Stonewall Riot).
- They play another butch lesbian, Keeya, who's married to another woman in Peacemaker.
- Tanktop Tomboy: Her characters are generally tomboy action girls who are often shown wearing tanktops.