Barry Atsma, born 29 December 1972, is a Dutch actor. He mostly plays in Dutch(-language) movies and series but also has played in English-language productions.
- Goede Tijden Slechte Tijden (1993)
- Baantjer (1999)
- Rozengeur & Wodka Lime (2001-2005)
- Komt Een Vrouw Bij De Dokter (2009)
- Kenau (2014)
- Penoza (2015)
- Michiel de Ruyter / Admiral (2015)
- Klem (2017-2020)
- Bankier van het Verzet / The Resistance Banker (2018)
Tropes associated with this actor:
- Playing Against Type: In Klem, he plays a good-hearted, kind, but also bland and almost boring man; he has mentioned in interviews that when he first auditioned for the role, the series' makers remarked how different that role was from what he usually played, and that he purposefully took on that role because the last few roles he had played before that (a cruel and murderous WWII Nazi, amongst others) were such bad people, and that now he really wanted to play someone good for a change.
- Those Two Actors: He has co-starred with fellow actor Jacob Derwig in both the series Klem and the movie The Resistance Banker