Adventure International was a software publisher from the pre-IBM-PC days of the microcomputer era.
Its flagship products, written by its founder Scott "Not the guy from Dilbert" Adams, were Interactive Fiction Adventure Games. Although Colossal Cave had come out for the TRS-80 and Apple ][ before these adventures were written, Scott Adams' adventures really set the bar for nearly all home computer text adventures that followed them.
It eventually went out of business, but Scott Adams continues to write adventure games — including a Christian-themed adventure game that came out in 2012-2013.
Scott Adams' Titles Included
- Pirate's Adventure
- Mission Impossible (later renamed Secret Mission to avoid trademark infringement)
- Voodoo Castle
- The Count
- Strange Odyssey
- Mystery Fun House (with M and Q assisting the spy hero)
- Pyramid of Doom
- Ghost Town
- Savage Island Parts 1 and 2
- Golden Voyage
Other authors' titles included
- Brøderbund's Galactic trilogy (Galactic Empire, Galactic Trader, Galactic Revolution — and Tawala's Last Redoubt for the Apple ][)
Tropes in Adventure International games:
- Prematurely Marked Grave: In Voodoo Castle, you can find a graveyard which has one grave with a beam of light shining on it and a sign that says "This grave reserved for you!"