Superkatt is a classic Funny Animal comic book, created by cartoonist and animator Dan Gordon and published in Giggly Comics from June 1944 to January 1955.
Many of the comics starring the character have fallen into the Public Domain, and can be read at the Digital Comics Museum.
- Animated Adaptation: In the mid 1940's, the Columbia Cartoon studio did a loose oneshot adaptation of the comics as part of their Phantasies short series, called "Leave It Or Chase It".
- Affectionate Parody: The comic is a parody of superhero comics with funny animals.
- Idiot Hero: The eponymous cat. He honestly believes he superpowers, even though he clearly doesn't.
- Long Runner: The comic had a fairly long run of 11 years, appearing in all but 11 of the Giggly Comics total.
- No Name Given: Superkatt has no real name, with his owners just calling him "That cat!"
- Show Within a Show: In Giggle Comics no. 29, two hoodlums read an issue of Giggle Comics with a Superkatt story.