Dr. Marjorie PhillipsOne of the head scientists of the project and Al's guardian and designer. She's opposed of sending the Species to Arras Chanka while wiping their memories, but she doesn't have too much choice on that matter either.
- Abusive Precursors: Averted with her, as she treats her works as living and intelligent people and not as disposable experiments sent to their own luck in another planet.
- Anti-Heroine: She's a nice person at heart, but forced to do inmoral things like manipulating wildlife and doing genetic experiments on them due to her job.
- Berserk Button: Calling Al both a rat and a pet is an easy way to piss her off.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia/Sadistic Choice: Forced to do this on Al at the end.
- The Last DJ: Inverted: She's the only scientist on her group who doesn't quit the project, even if she despise the way the experiments are being treated and the fact they're going to be sent to another planet without any memories of the Earth and the human race.
- Motherly Scientist: She treats her experiments as persons and not as mindless animals, compared with Dr. Khai.
Dr. KhaiDr. Phillips's boss and the chief leader of the project, or at least from their designed position.
- Abusive Precursors: Unlike with his subordinate, Dr. Phillips, he plays this trope really straight.
- The Bad Guy Wins: At the end, he convinces Dr. Phillips on letting Al to go to Arras Chanka and to delete his memories.
- Jerkass: Everyone, including Phillips, hates his guts due of the own inmorality and nature of the project, heavily implying most of them were lied about the true intentions of it.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Even if he's such a bastard, Dr. Phillips has to agree with him when Dr. Khai face her with the dilemma of keeping Al on Earth and living alone without his own species or sending him to Arras Chanka.
- Meaningful Name: A meta version of this: By sheer coincidence or not, he's named after the cuss word uttered by every non-human member from the cast of the whole saga as the equivalent of saying "God!". Taking into account his role in the story, it's not hard to see the analogy.
AlOne of Dr. Phillips's experimental subjects and her personal friend of sorts.
- Face Death with Dignity: Or more accurately, Face Laser-Guided Amnesia with Dignity instead. On the other hand, the other members of his kind doesn't do this. It turns out the entire memory wipeout didn't entirely work on him, and while he cannot remember Dr. Phillips, he can still remember some things about her, like saying good-bye to her before Dr. Phillips leaving Arras Chanka.
- Rat Man: Rodent (Mouse). Notable for being the only non-human in all the stories involving the Creators. (barring The Net, of course)