1918 & 2018
The man at the centre of all the events.
- Heroic Vow: He vows to make things right in the past. Justified as it affects the future of the family and the descendants.
- Hero with an F in Good: The first time Daxi goes to the past ends horribly.
- Nice Guy: He showers everyone with kindness, as he first encourages the girl who saved him to run away from the arranged marriage she didn't like.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: His first trip to the past ends horribly and causes repercussions in the future alternate timeline:
- He forces Chunxian to marry Xuegeng, having mistaken her for his great-grandmother, which causes them to develop feelings for each other, which will ruin the timeline in the future since the great-grandmother
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: His first trip to the past ends in disaster for the future due to his being nice and causing a lot of differences in the past.
Daxi's great-grandfather who starts the family bakery.
- Establishing Character Moment: The first time we see her, she pulls Daxi out of the water, which shows her kindness.
A humble working class guy who just wants to get the girl.
- Big Brother Instinct: Taken to ridiculous and extreme levels when he hires a woman to embarrass Dongliang in public and even hires thugs to beat him up.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Ruthlessly played straight in the future as Juehui marries Xuegeng instead.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Much like his descendant, Saiding has this trait as he causes the fiance of his sister to be beaten up. Even though the guy went to brothels, it's commented on that that's too far.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Offend him and/or his sister and he will do whatever it takes to make you feel pain.