Aside from acting in so many series, a number of times, Megumi Hayashibara also sang for them as well (often the opening song).
- Anata no Kokoro ni, the ending theme of Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. The yearning tone of Megumi Hayashibara's voice, the lyrics, and the black-and-white images of Osaka's past; if all that together doesn't call up a sense of loss, nothing will.
- Her songs for the newer Neon Genesis Evangelion. We've got Shuuketsu no Sono e, its Ayanami ver., and Shuuketsu no Sadame.
- The songs "Kyou no Hi wa Sayonara" ("Today is a Day for Good-bye") and "Tsubasa wo Kudasai" ("Give Me Wings") from Rebuild of Evangelion were both performed by her.
- Chances are that if you've seen the hit TV/OVA/Movie series, Slayers, you've found yourself humming along to one of the many songs sung by Megumi. They are just that catchy and memorable to any long-time anime fan. One of the most, if not THE most iconic song is Give a Reason from the 2nd TV series opening. It is so popular that it was used in one of the climax scenes at the end of the new series - nearly 15 years after the original run.
- From Shaman King, we have Over Soul (the first opening song), Northern Lights (the second opening song), Omokage (the second ending song), and brave heart, all done by her. Bonus points for the fact that all four were sung by the same girl who also voices Anna Kyoyama.