- You can't deny the awesomeness of the opening scene. Seeing those gloriously detailed Klingon ships cruise menacingly past the screen — and then watching V'Ger effortlessy pwn all three of them in about five minutes — must have been quite something on the big screen.
- The Meld.Decker: I want this! As much as you wanted the Enterprise, I. Want. This.
- When everyone on the bridge was freaking out because of the giant electrical tornado thing, Spock's like, "God damn it, you guys; do I have to do everything myself?" and just walks over and smashes the control panel with his bare hands, causing the tornado thing to dissipate (albeit after killing Ilia as a backup plan).
- Once Scotty and Spock fix the Warp Engines and the test run goes off successfully, Chekov triumphantly pumps his fist and looks at Kirk, who just gives him a wink.
- Uhura is not amused when an Ensign Newbie complains about Kirk taking command of the Enterprise. Cue this line of awesome:The chances of our coming home in one piece may have just doubled.
- Kirk's "fly-around" tour of the upgraded Enterprise courtesy of Scotty, complete with awesome Goldsmith music. Made doubly awesome by virtue of this being our first look at the Big E in 10 years, and on the big screen to boot.
- Speaking of the refitted Enterprise, it shows just how much more powerful the ship has become that when she is subject to the attack mentioned above that wiped out Klingon cruisers with ease, the Enterprise tanks it with no damage and only moderate strain on the shields. Even if she couldn't have kept that up for a second attack, it was ridiculously awesome.
- V'ger itself. Say what you want about it, but that thing is beautiful.
- V'ger dissolving in an explosion of light, obscuring everything in view ... then the swelling, dramatic music gives way to a low rising tone that all but says "full power has been restored", and the Enterprise emerges from the heart of the fading glow, ready to "boldly go" into the next adventure.
Awesome / Star Trek: The Motion Picture