- When Peter, Ray, and Egon capture the Scoleri brothers and justify their business, the trio deliver these lines that emphatically say they've got their groove back:Ray: Two in the box...
Egon: ...ready to go!
Peter: We be fast and...
All three: they be slow!They then triumphantly walk outside the courtroom.
- The first psychic interviewed on Venkman's show was actually pretty damn close. If not for the intervention of the Ghostbusters, the world would have ended when he said it did.
- During the fight with the Scoleri brothers, the ghosts disappear into the walls of the courtroom after a few seconds, possibly to catch the 'Busters off guard with another attack. In response to this, Venkman begins to stiffly chuckle, to which Ray begins to quite hammily cackle like a witch(even Egon lets off a flat "Ha, ha.") Seconds later, the Scoleris reappear and the three heroes proceed to wrangle and trap them. This could imply that Peter, Ray and Egon are actually using a tactic they learned between the first and second movies to egg on or tempt violent ghosts to come after them, rather than wait for a counterattack.
- The Ghostbusters bringing the Statue of Liberty to life with Mood Slime and The Power of Soul.
Peter: I love you when you roughhouse!
- At 11:56, or four minutes before Vigo will completely assume control over Oscar's body, he has begun the process, and is beginning to send his essence from the painting. Janosz is celebrating...when slowly, the hate-charged slime barrier at the top of the museum begins to recede, revealing a bright, burning flame held by a giant green hand. As Janosz panics, the crowd outside screams with joy as the Statue of Liberty rears back with her torch — a symbol of hope and goodness for millions of people — and destroys the museum's ceiling in a single blow. When the Ghostbusters lower themselves inside, we see her face, and she looks completely badass. Do NOT mess with Lady Liberty's city.
Egon: Hit it, mama!
- Dana gets a small one in the same scene — when Vigo starts sending his energy into Oscar, she tries to move forward and grab her son, only to be pushed back by the dark magic surrounding him. As soon as the Statue of Liberty appears, this magic breaks — and rather than wait, Dana runs directly into the circle, grabs Oscar (which temporarily stops Vigo), and gets him to safety.
- "Kitten, I think what I'm saying is that sometimes shit happens, someone has to deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
- Cue applause from the jury.
- Louis in the second film graduates to full badass by the end.Louis: I'm here with you guys!
Louis: I did it! I'm a Ghostbuster!
- After he helps smash Vigo's Beehive Barrier.
- This one for Louis builds up over time. First, the second he sees Oscar standing on the ledge outside the window, his immediate reaction is to urgently tell Jeanine to call 911 immediately. He may not have been a Ghostbuster yet, he did know when to call for help. Then, after Janosz kidnaps Oscar, then Louis knows when it's hit the fan: "We gotta find the guys.". While the others tackle the problem of the museum, Jeanine gets the idea to suit Louis up and setting up the aforementioned moments.
- Ray's exceptionally furious threat to Vigo when he first materializes: "NOT SO FAST, DEAD-HEAD! You want a baby? Go knock up some willing hell-hound! Otherwise I'm giving you to the count of three to get back in that painting where you belong! ONE!" It's especially awesome when you remember how Ray interacted with Gozer in the first film ("Uh...good evening..."). Seems like even The Heart Took a Level in Badass in the last five years.
- Its a small one compared to the others, but the scene where The Mayor finally fires Hardemeyer is just SO satisfying to watch!Mayor Lenny: Alright, weve got no choice. Call the Ghostbusters.
Jack Hardemeyer: Wait! Uh, now Im-Im sure theres another way...
Mayor Lenny: Jack, I spent an hour last night in my bedroom, talking to Fiorello la Guardia, and hes been dead for 40 years. Now where are the Ghostbusters?
Jack Hardemeyer: They're not available.
Mayor Lenny: What do you mean, they're not available?
Jack Hardemeyer: Well, I had them committed to the psychiatric ward at Parkview Hospital.
Mayor Lenny: You what?
Jack Hardemeyer: They were threatening to go to the press! I was protecting your interests!
Mayor Lenny: Oh yeah?
Jack Hardemeyer: Uh-huh!
Mayor Lenny: Well, you can stop protecting my interests. You have exactly three minutes to clear out. You're FIRED!
Jack Hardemeyer: But the election! You're making a big mistake, Mr. Mayor!
Mayor Lenny: Harry! Remove this man from the building, and get me the Ghostbusters!
- It's followed by the sky being blotted out by Vigo's influence, and the Mayor states, executively and with gravity, "Somebody get me the Ghostbusters."
Awesome / Ghostbusters II