Aura: Koga Maryuin's Last War is an anime film produced by AIC ASTA that premiered on April 13, 2013. It based on the light novel of the same name by Romeo Tanaka.
Aura: Koga Maryuin's Last War provides examples of:
- An Aesop: Bullying is bad!
- Aloof Big Sister: Ichiro's sister normally acts stoic and distant from him, and although she cares for Ichiro, she is not overt about it. Even so, it's clear she is the only one in Ichiro's family who gives him any semblance of moral support and epically chews out their parents for not doing enough to help Ichiro when he gets into trouble with Ryoko.
- Big Bad: Yumina Ōshima is the closest thing the film has to one. She constantly belittles Ryoko and attempts to ruin her relationship with Ichiro when she digs up some embarassing details about his past and threatens to go public with them unless Ichiro breaks up with her.
- Break-Up/Make-Up Scenario: At first, Ichiro tries to keep up her distance from Ryoko but learns to grow closer to her. Things go south when Ōshima finds about Ichiro's chuunibyou past and threatens tell everyone about unless Ichiro abandons Ryoko. As you can expect, this causes a lot of grief to both Ichiro, who goes through a period of self-loathing, and Ryoko, who gets tired of the real world and wants to live in her fantasies forever. Fortunately, Ichiro reaches out to Ryoko and promises to her that they will confront reality together.
- Calling the Old Man Out: In the end, Ichiro's sister does this to their parents.
- Chuunibyou: Ryoko, and formerly Ichiro. The movie takes steps to deconstruct it by explaining that Ichiro got bullied for it when he was younger and it even drove a wedge between him and his family that hasn't fully healed yet. It's also implied that Ryoko has an estranged relationship with her parents, who don't make a physical presence in the film.
- Cool Teacher: The teacher that assigns Ichiro to befriend Ryoko has a calm and relaxed attitude throughout the film.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Ichiro finally makes peace with his chuunibyou past and starts a proper relationship with Ryoko, who starts to make progress in her quest to become normal.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Ichiro's goal, and he's trying to share it with Ryoko.
- Mentor Archetype: Ichiro has two, the teacher that assigns him to look after Ryoko and a salesman that Ichiro bought a wristwatch from. Both advise Ichiro on how to get closer to Ryoko and solve his issues.
- Official Couple: Ichiro and Ryoko, of course.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: There is a special classroom of chuunibyou students that Ichiro unexpectedly befriends when he defends them from a gang of bullies.