YMMV: Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger
- Base Breaker: Ban, either he's an awesome Red Ranger or an annoying screamer.
- Complete Monster: Agent Abrella sold many weapons supporting galaxy-destroying wars for fun and profit to most of the Alienizers, regardless of how many lives were taken. Once a galaxy is destroyed, he moves to the next to generate profit and destruction. Abrella treats any and all crime as a business opportunity, and it doesn't matter if you're destroying cities, selling slaves, pawning stolen merchandise, or filming child pornography, as long as the price is right, he'll be more than happy to sell you the tools you need to further your enterprise. And his Villainous Breakdown near the end of the series was caused merely because the Dekarangers were ruining his transactions. Yes, Abrella himself caused a citywide destruction spree and nearly destroyed the whole of the Space Police ''just so he could keep his job''.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The opening song: "1! Emergency... 2! Dekaranger... 3! Action. 4! Perfect. 5! GET ON!" Also, the live version.
- Aw, hell yes, the SWAT theme; "SWAT On! Dekaranger".
- The 2nd ending, "Girls in Trouble", full stop. Also contains Fanservice galore.
- The regular ending, Midnight Dekaranger, is pretty good, too. Bonus points for the singer being Isao Sasaki, who sang songs for Goranger and JAKQ and never sang another Super Sentai song until now.
- Try to listen to "Dekaranger Action" without getting pumped. You can't.
- Ear Worm: Deka, Deka, Deka, Deka, Dekaraaangeeeeeer...
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The season as a whole is very well liked by the Sentai fandom. It has an unique set of enemies, good writing and a VERY charismatic cast.
- Ho Yay: Ban gets this with both Hoji and Tetsu.
- Moe: Umeko, and how!
- Narm: Hoji completely ruins a dramatic scene by whipping out the Gratuitous English at the worst possible time. "Goodbye... fo evah... and evah." Yeah.
- Never Live It Down: Counting the teamup, Tetsu crossdressed a total of three times. In the eyes of fans, he pretty much lived in drag. Even Jasmine got caught up in this perception:
Jasmine: (looking at the camera) But, it's the same as usual, so no surprise here.
- Newer Than They Think: DekaGold is actually the very first gold ranger in the history of Sentai. This may seem strange to folks who grew up in the 90s and watched Power Rangers Zeo, which had a gold Sixth Ranger. As it turns out, KingRanger (the Gold Ranger's counterpart from Chouriki Sentai Ohranger) is actually considered to be a black ranger.
- Psycho Lesbian: Succubus really comes off this way towards Jasmine.
- Tear Jerker: Episode 37. Well written and directed, this episode showed a tragic story involving Hoji, the woman he loved and her brother, who was a allienizer.
- Too Cool to Live: Doggie, by the finale...or so it seemed.