Special Police Dekaranger
Banban "Ban" Akaza / Deka Red | Actor: Ryuji Sainei
Newcomer of the Earth branch of SPD. Ban is a hyperactive, Hot-Blooded officer calling himself the 'fireball' of the team, which means he'd be the guy who'll charge headlong into battle and leave the thinking for later, which gets him at odds with Hoji. Despite his brashness, he's still a good guy at heart. Later gets promoted into the Fire Squad. Prefers fighting with dual guns.
- Anime Hair: Brushed down in Gokaiger. Stays as such in the 10 Years After special, except it's shorter and combed to one side.
- Character Development: Post-series, if he is to make appearances (such as in Magiranger vs Dekaranger and Gokaiger), Ban is usually less loud and hyperactive, acting more mature in general, though his impulsiveness sometimes still shows. Being a member of the SPD Fire Squad will do that. Even moreso, this follows further in 10 Years After where he's capable of being The Strategist!
- Cowboy Cop
- Determinator: To the point that if an Alienizer has managed to pull Grand Theft Me on him, he'll tell the others to kill him if it's the only way to get the Alienizer.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Tell that to Hoji and Tetsu.
- Gun Kata: There's a reason why his name sounds like "bang-bang".
- Honor Before Reason
- Idiot Hero
- Image Song: Bang Bang
- Justice Will Prevail: It's his motto and Catch Phrase.
- Large Ham: Oh so very much. The conversation with Numa-O at the beginning of the first episode pretty much sets the tone.
- The Leader: Taken to new heights after he's been promoted to commander of the Fire Squad.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Hoji's blue.
- Replacement Scrappy: In-universe; Hoji viewed and treated him as such after Ban replaced his commanding officer. They got better.
- Rookie Red Ranger
- Shout-Out: His surname is a reference to Agatha Christie.
Houji "Hoji" Tomasu / Deka Blue | Actor: Tsuyoshi Hayashi
A cold, calculating cop who strives for perfection in most of things. He didn't take the addition of Ban very well since he replaced an officer he respected, but he soon came to warm up with him. Known for his sniping skill, Hoji is a reliable officer, even if he guns down anyone not a 'pro', like Ban or Umeko. He also has a nasty habit of saying Gratuitous English A LOT.
- Big Brother Instinct
- Boxing Lesson: Indulges himself in one when trying to prepare for an underground fighting ring.
- By-the-Book Cop
- Catch Phrase: Some, including "Don't call me 'partner'" or "Super Cool. Perfect!"
- Ironically, Hoji gets annoyed when Ban calls him "ex-partner" in Magiranger VS. Dekaranger.
- The Ten Years After V-Cinema has Ban trying to egg him to say the first many times. Hoji... didn't bite it at first, but in the ending, after much hesitation, he said that again, for old time's sake.
- Cold Sniper -> Friendly Sniper
- Defrosting Ice King
- Gangsta Style: As seen in the ending song and some episodes, Houji holds his gun this way, showing off his "cool blue" attitude.
- Gratuitous English: So, so mu—oh my God, I'm so sorry!
- Heartbroken Badass: After the incident with Teresa, he's this.
- Image Song: Blue is the Sky
- The Lancer
- My Greatest Failure: Along with Jasmine; getting caught and caused his Sempai to get a career-breaking injury was one for him.
- Number Two: It's even on his suit.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Ten Years After saw Hoji become a very loose cop, with his hair being messy, not even wearing his uniform properly and he spent hours in computer room to do nothing but play video games... Except that it's all a ruse to investigate the main case. Ban read that from miles away.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Ban's red.
- Shout-Out: His surname is a reference to Thomas Harris.
- Signature Move: Blue Finish
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
Senichi "Sen-chan" Enari / Deka Green | Actor: Yousuke Ito
An odd officer. Sen likes to do a headstand pose, which is his thinking pose. With that, he's usually able to solve lots of mysteries, making him one of the greatest brains in the team. He's usually calm, polite and overall a Nice Guy. Doing lots of atrocious things in front of him, however, will REALLY piss him off and he's ready to go batshit on the evildoer.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Yeah, go ahead, try doing nasty things on innocents in front of him. Just a Nice Guy, right? WRONG!
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Is a very competent officer despite having really weird habits and bordering Cloud Cuckoo Lander.
- Cannot Spit It Out: To Umeko. Ultimately subverted, as they're seen together in both Magiranger VS Dekaranger and 10 Years After.
- Chick Magnet: Probably second only to Billy in terms of nerds who get lots of female attention.
- Dogged Nice Guy: To Umeko, again. But the finale and the team-up with Magiranger suggest that they officially hook-up.
- Genius Bruiser: Aside of handstands for thinking pose, Sen is usually the go-guy to... single-handedly lift up heavy weights like a car.
- The Heart
- Image Song: Railway to Happiness
- Putting On My Thinking Cap: Headstands
- Rule of Three
- Shout-Out: His surname is a reference to Ellery Queen.
- Signature Move: Green Cut
- The Smart Guy: Outside battlefield, due to his Thinking Pose.
Marika "Jasmine" Reimon / Deka Yellow | Actress: Ayumi Kinoshita
Jasmine is an ESPer, which means she possesses psychic powers which she can use to read people's minds or trace past events from an item. Tall, beautiful and playful at times, she actually hides a painful past of her being unable to control her Psychic Powers, which made her read how people were annoyed with her and this made her attempt to get herself killed by an Alienizer, until Doggie Kruger saved her. She's really good friends with Umeko. Fans love her and adore her beauty and hotness.
- Action Girl
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Babies Ever After: The 10 Years After special shows that Jasmine is now a married woman with a young child. Her husband? a fellow ESPer named Hikaru, who she saved from an Alienizer during the series when he was a child.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: In a positive way, as this was added because at that time, her actress Ayumi Kinoshita was already a married woman.
- Badass in Distress: Jasmine is by far the Dekaranger who has the highest count of getting tied up. First during a confrontation against the Alienizer who sucked Umeko's soul (though subverted that she uses her illusion to make that up), then in a flashback along with Hoji (their greatest failure moment), and lastly in Magiranger vs Dekaranger. Of course, if she ever breaks free, she can (and will) kick ass.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: She does this twice in the Magiranger VS Dekaranger crossover, and again in the 10 Years After V-Cinema.
- Breakout Character
- Bob Haircut: In Magiranger vs Dekaranger and Ten Years After, Jasmine has this hairstyle (while her Gokaiger cameo had her in the usual hairstyle), her hairstyle depends on whatever her hairstyle her actress is having at the moment.
- Catch Phrase: Not often, but has the knack to say "Bye-nara!" (A portmanteau of "Good bye" and "Sayonara" (Japanese of 'good bye')).
- Chewing the Scenery
- The Chick
- Dark and Troubled Past: She was suicidal and disillusioned on her inability to control her powers. Doggy saved her.
- Deadpan Snarker
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: She and Umeko sang the second ending theme.
- Four is Death: Let's see. Her designated number is four, and she's the only one in the team with supernatural abilities. Logically, that makes her the most dangerous Dekaranger. She also attempted suicide beforehand.
- I Owe You My Life: Towards Doggy.
- Image Song: Hard Rain
- The Nicknamer
- Power Limiter: Her gloves.
- Pungeon Master: Oh, God. Jasmine just loves peppering this in sentences she say.
- Psychic Powers
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Umeko's red.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Umeko.
- Shout-Out: Her surname is a reference to Raymond Chandler.
- The Smart Girl: When it comes to her psychic powers.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Umeko's Girly Girl.
Koume "Umeko" Koudou / Deka Pink | Actress: Mika Kikuchi
Second newest member of the SPD (the newest one is Ban). Umeko is a laid-back, ditzy girl who likes to spend her time bathing with her toy-ducks. Rather impulsive, she likes declaring herself the leader of the team (nobody takes it seriously). She's good friends with Jasmine, and as the finale shows, she ends up falling for Sen and is dating him.
- Action Girl
- Alliterative Name
- Chewing the Scenery
- Companion Cube: Her rubber duckling triplets, Umeyo, Umenosuke and Umegoro, sometimes fulfilled the function. She even carries them in the dashboard of her car in the 199 Heroes movie.
- The Ditz
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: She and Jasmine sang the second ending theme.
- Foot Focus: Her bath scenes tend to include at least one closeup of her cute little feet.
- Image Song: I Believe Right Here Right Now
- Kid-Appeal Character
- Master of Disguise: "Do you know that the specialty of SPD's Koume Kodou is changing clothes quickly?"
- Ms. Fanservice: Due to her Furo Scenes.
- The Napoleon: Is a shorty and likes to declare herself 'leader'.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Jasmine's blue.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Jasmine.
- Shout-Out: Her surname is a reference to Kodou Nomura.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Jasmine's Tomboy.
Tekkan "Tetsu" Aira / Deka Break | Actor: Tomokazu Yoshida
A member of the Tokkyou special forces branch of SPD, Tekkan is a consummate professional originally sent to Earth to deal with the Hell Siblings. Although originally seeing the Dekarangers as inferior due to Tokkyou teaching that emotions only compromised efficiency, he changed his tune when Ban showed him just how much they could accomplish.
- Big Damn Heroes: In the movie
- The Big Guy
- Catch Phrase: "Nonsense!"
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Elemental Punch: Some of his fist attacks are one.
- Finishing Move
- Sonic Hammer
- Lightning Upper
- Plasma Fist
- Shining Fist (a tag-team attack with Magi Shine)
- Gratuitous English: Oh, yes.
- Image Song: With the Intention of Tetsu
- Improbable Power Fist: BraceThrottle, which also doubles as his Transformation Trinket.
- Lightning Bruiser
- Man in White
- Parental Abandonment
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: (Super) Lightning Fist'
- Sempai/Kohai: His relationship with Ban is this.
- Shout-Out: His surname is a reference to Ira Levin.
- Sixth Ranger: One of two. Even though he appears seventh, he is the official sixth member.
- Super Strength: Super Power Fist
- Tall, Dark and Snarky: Even more than Hoji, but he got better.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: In two missions and the teamup with Magiranger. He's actually able to pull it off in all three cases somewhat well.
- You Killed My Parents: Towards Genio.
Doggie "Boss" Kruger of Anubis / Deka Master | Voice Actor: Tetsu Inada
- The Ace: Despite being introduced early in the show, Dekamaster is consistently portrayed as the most powerful of all the Dekarangers, even including their power up forms. His losses are rare and almost always situational.
- Authority Equals Ass Kicking
- Badass Beard: Sports a fluffy chin beard.
- Big Good
- Blow You Away: Vega Tornado Slash
- Carpet of Virility: He has white chest fur, which we see a lot of over the series...
- Crazy Jealous Guy: He panics whenever he hears that Swan has an admirer.
- Da Chief: Head of the SPD and simply referred to as Boss by the Dekarangers.
- Disney Death: While saving Swan in the finale, he's badly injured by cheap shots and seemingly killed by being slammed through several walls. He survives but is a bit worse for wear.
- Early Installment Weirdness: First few episodes of Dekaranger feature Doggie's mouth either permanently opened, or has it move but barely, causing some form of mismatch with the voice. Midway in the series his mouth movement becomes more consistent.
- Finishing Move
- Vega Slash
- Vega Impulse
- Heroic Dog
- Katanas Are Just Better: D-Sword Vega
- Master Swordsman: He describes his swordsmanship as the best in the universe before his first fight scene - which involves massacring 100 grunts without breaking a sweat.
- Mr. Fanservice: He goes shirtless during his Transformation Sequence, and a few other times.
- The Red Baron: "Hell's Guard Dog."
- Petting Zoo People
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Concerning Swan.
- Sixth Ranger: One of two. However, this is subverted in his case, as he does not want the others to depend on him all the time.
- Team Dad
- The Coats Are Off: His morphing sequence involves this.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: He's the only ranger since Hikari Sentai Maskman who needs to take off their clothes before transforming (in Doggie's case, his coat). But unlike Maskman, the "coat off" scene is part of the stock footage as opposed to Maskman's bare skin transformation appearing only in early episodes.
- Will They or Won't They?: Has this dynamic with Swan throughout the series or every other appearances. Final answer is 'will', in the end of Ten Years After.
Swan Shiratori of Cygnus / Deka Swan | Actress: Mako Ishino
- Affirmative Action Girl
- Bare-Fisted Monk
- Badass Labcoat: Particularly during her main focus episode. She winds up doing the calculations to save the world...on an abacus of all things.
- He Is Not My Boyfriend: Concerning Boss. Though after the V-Cinema, yes, she'll admit that she loves him too.
- Hot Scientist
- Finishing Move: Swan Rainbow
- Punny Name: Since shiratori is written with the same kanji as the Japanese for swan, her name is essentially "Swan Swan".
- Signature Move: Swan Illusion
- The Smart Girl: For being a Hot Scientist and a Wrench Wench.
- Team Mom
- Wrench Wench
Lisa Teagle / Deka Bright | Actress: Mie Nanamori
- The Ace
- Affirmative Action Girl
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Barrier Warrior: Barrier Fist
- Da Chief
- Eleventh Hour Ranger
- Finishing Move
- Highest Hammer
- Improbable Power Fist: Like Tetsu, Lisa has her own BraceThrottle, which also doubles as her Transformation Trinket.
- Lady of War
- Sexy Mentor
- Shock and Awe: Thunder Fist
- Stern Teacher
- Woman in White
Mari Gold Utahime / Deka Gold | Actress: Chiharu Niiyama
- Faux Action Girl: The one time in the whole movie she transforms, she gets beaten out of it right after the Face On.
- Guns Akimbo: Like Ban, Marie has her own set of dual guns called the D-Smasher.
- Hello, Nurse!
- Punny Name Named after a flower. One of which she puts in the pocket of Ban's shirt at the beginning and end of the movie.
- Ship Tease: With Ban.
- Time Stands Still: A power of hers that she conveniently forgets she has when facing the villains so the Dekarangers have something to do in their own movie.
Agent Abrella | Voice actor: Ryusei Nakao
- Big Bad
- Famous Last Words: "Don't think it'll end by defeating me! As long as people exist in the universe, crime will never disappear! Everyone possesses the same ambition that I do!"
- The Man Behind the Man: He's behind all of the Alienizer crimes.