YMMV: Mega Man 9
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Splash Woman. Mainly due to the fact she's the only female Robot Master.
- Jewel Man, Galaxy Man and Tornado Man are also surprisingly popular.
- Funny Moments:
- Game Breaker: The Jewel Satellite, possibly the best shield weapon in the series. To explain, it stays up until dismissed or collides into a strong enemy. And it reflects shots back, making Sniper Joes (who have More Dakka now) a joke.
- Strawman Has a Point: Wily does raise some good points about the morality of scrapping sentient robots, even if it's just to get slave soldiers to smear the name of his rival.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Mega Man's loss of his Charge Shot and Slide and their transfer to Proto Man. Many find that it makes his playstyle feel backwards and blander than it once was.
- The Untwist: Don't act like you were surprised when it turns out Wily was behind everything. Especially if you read the achievements list.