YMMV: Charlotte's Web
- It Was His Sled: Charlotte dies.
- Magnum Opus: Charlotte's egg sac in-story, and arguably for E.B. White, the story itself.
- Protagonist Title Fallacy: The title spider is more the mentor to the actual protagonist, Wilbur.
- Tear Jerker: Charlotte's death. Wilbur's reaction in the 1973 film sells it pretty well, too.
- Values Dissonance: Apparently bringing a gun to school was acceptable in the fifties, as Avery is casually mentioned to do.
- In certain cultures and areas. A lot of people going out hunting and stuff and people were a lot less reactionary because mass school shootings really didn't happen.
The 1973 film
- Ink-Suit Actor: Charlotte's facial features seem to vaguely resemble those of Debbie Reynolds, who provides her voice. The same can be said for Templeton and his voice actor Paul Lynde
- Awesome Music: Arguably the entire soundtrack, but especially "Mother Earth and Father Time". Its hope-filled lyrics about enjoying our short time on Earth is really emotional. This IS the Sherman Brothers we're talking about here.
- The title song is also breathtakingly beautiful.
- Ear Worm: "Chin up, Chin up. Everybody loves a happy face!"
- Oh wow! Look at him now. Zuckerman's famous pig.
- A fair is a veeeritable smorgasbord-orgasbord-orgasbord...
- Tastes Like Diabetes: This was the author's main complaint.
- Vindicated by History: Didn't do so well in the box office - however on VHS, it managed to become a bestseller. (One of the few non-Disney movies to do this.)
- Wangst: Wilbur is over-the-top even when he has real reason to be upset.
- Angst? What Angst?: Templeton's reaction to Charlotte's impending death, and Wilbur ordering him to transport her eggs into the crate, is his usual "What's in it for me?" schtick.
The 2006 film
- Awesome Music: Instead of the cheery vocal songs of the 1973 film, it instead features an excellent instrumental score by Danny Elfman that is in many ways just as moving.
- Ugly Cute: Charlotte. Aside from having only two eyes and several "eyespots," she otherwise looks like a real spider. And yet, somehow, she comes off as beautiful.