Western Animation / Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale
Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale
is an All-CGI Cartoon
by Spark Plug Entertainment
. The story (if you can call it that) is of Walt, an annoying and stupid young pampered piglet protagonist who eats his mom's pie and says that aliens did it, then breaks her favorite pot and says the ghost did it, then he says that he did his homework but it ate the dog when he really didn't even do it. Then an evil snake called Noiman Ja Rahr comes and tries to take Walt to Viperwood
and make him a star when Ja Rahr really just wants bacon. The plan backfires however when two spiders and a wasp (who wishes he was a bee) arrive and save him from the slaughter house.
...Yeah, it's one of those films...
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Noiman Ja Rahr is a name that this movie doesn't deserve.
- Bad Liar: Walt's terrible lying which drives the plot.
- Big Damn Heroes / Just in Time: Tiffany the spider, her friend Crystal (also a spider), and Gilbert the Wasp all arrive and save Walt just as he is about to meet his demise.
- Disney Death: Gilbert the Wasp. And Walt. Unfortunately for either.
- Disproportionate Retribution: After Walt and Noiman do a pump-and-run, the gas station attendant tries to have them killed.
- The Ditz: Venom, who thinks two triangles make a circle.
- Drives Like Crazy: Noiman. Though since he's a snake, it's surprising he can drive at all.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: Don't you dare try and change the channel on a motel TV, or it will go mad!
- Fantastic Racism: The horses hate spiders.
- In-Name-Only: This "movie" only loosely follow the plot of what it's trying to rip off.
- Informed Ability: Tiffany describes Walt as "talented." But we're never shown what he's talented in.
- Likable Villain: The snakes are like this to most Internet users.
- Mind Screw: This movie has a lot of flat-out bizarre scenes and elements.
- The Mockbuster: Charlotte's Web anyone?
- Negate Your Own Sacrifice: Gilbert thinks he's giving his life to save Walt by stinging Noiman, only for it to turn out he's actually a wasp, so the sting didn't kill him.
- Record Needle Scratch: After Walt says, "OK, Ja Rahr, back to the barnyard! Ja Rahr asks, "Come again?"
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Three of the snakes. Averted by most of the snakes at Viperwood.
- Sassy Black Woman: Crystal
- Show Within a Show: "Paddle Wacky", a quiz show where you get spanked if you get a question wrong.
- Smug Snake: As already mentioned in the description.
- Spoken Word in Music: The entirety of Walt's "song", as he tries to explain how his mother's pie went missing. And then he comes up with another one to explain how the ghost broke the pot, and one for the homework eating the dog, and finally, one for his own barnyard rap, Barnyard Roots. And ALL the "songs" have the same tune and rhythm.
- Team Mom: Tiffany is very protective of Walt and for good reasons.
- Trailers Always Spoil: DO. THEY. EVER. The trailer for this movie spoils the entire movie! The only thing they don't spoil is whether Walt will die or not, but it's SO painfully obvious that you might as well not watch the movie...actually, that's a great idea.
- Valley Girl: Noiman's friend Venom talks like this.
- Wham Shot: As Noiman takes Walt to what he claims will be the pig's big break, we see the building they're entering has a slaughterhouse sign.
- What Measure Is a Non-Cute?: Played straight and averted. The villains are snakes, but the movie also shows that most of the snakes in Viperwood are actually nice people. Moreover, Walt is helped out by two spiders and a wasp.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Tiffany. Is she supposed to be Jamaican or Scottish or what? Her friend Crystal is also no better.
- Tiffany has a Yorkshire accent.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Noiman Ja Rahr and his friends.