Piper Penguin And His Fantastic Flying Machines
, formerly know as Penguins: Waddle On
, is an All-CGI Cartoon
released by Spark Plug Entertainment
in 2008. Its plot mostly revolves around Piper Penguin, who dreams of flight and exploring what's beyond Penguinville. The problem, however is that Piper's machines fail most of the time. He also has to endure penguin high school
, which has its prom just around the corner. After the big event, however, a killer whale breaks in and threatens to eat the captured penguins, and it's up to Piper to build a flying machine to get there in time.
- Adults Are Useless: Averted with Piper's father Pops, though played straight with everyone else.
- All-CGI Cartoon
- Alliterative Name: Every penguin's name starts with a P, while whales and walruses have names that start with W. The only character that doesn't follow this rule is Coach.
- Alliterative Title
- An Aesop: About following your dreams, in a very Anvilicious manner.
- Artistic License - Physics: Somehow, a single penguin flapping its wings can increase the altitude of a massive air balloon.
- Big Damn Heroes: Piper, his father, Pepperoni and Winthrop save the day by breaking into the whale's hideout via air balloon.
- Beta Couple: Pickles and Pepperoni are this compared to Piper and Penny.
- Bland-Name Product: Krill Cola (Coca-Cola) and PNN (CNN).
- City of Adventure: Penguinville.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Pepperoni.
- Disposable FiancÚ / Romantic False Lead: Punch is this to Penny.
- The Ditz: Winthrop and Pepperoni.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: The Krill Cola krill sergeant.
- Dumb Muscle: Winthrop.
- Everything's Better with Penguins
- Five-Man Band:
- Follow the Leader
- Gasshole: Winthrop burps throughout the movie.
- Happily Adopted: Winthrop shares the same family as Piper.
- High School: Piper's school can be inferred to be this, since there's a prom and other tropes about high school present.
- In Name Only: Piper Penguin, while it does share many similarities to both Happy Feet and Surf's Up (particularly the former), isn't a complete rip-off of the two.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: "Unfortunatley, Piper's flying machines rarely get off the ice."
- Iron Monkey: Pepperoni is always the test subject of Piper's inventions, and he never has any real injuries.
- Jerk Jock: Punch.
- Just in Time: When Piper and pals save the penguin population.
- Kent Brockman News: Peraldo Penguin, reporter of PNN. Every chance he gets, he either insults Piper or the cameraman.
- Late for School: Happens early in the movie.
- Large Ham: Miss Prim.
- Likable Villain: Wily the whale, to Internet users.
- Mickey Mousing: When Pepperoni slams his head into his locker, though this may have been unintentional.
- Mockbuster: Either to Happy Feet or Surf's Up.
- No Export for You: This movie never saw a region 1 release until 2011.
- Sadist Teacher: Miss Prim.
- The Speechless: Pepperoni.
- Talking to Herself: Denise Finelli (Pickles and Miss Prim) does this once.
- Trailers Always Spoil: "Can this single-minded bird change history through penguin perseverance?" Apparently so, since the next shot focuses on the many flying machines over Penguinville.