"It's up to you, what'll you do, who are ya' gonna be like?"Danger Rangers
is an animated Edutainment Show
that airs on PBS
. It features six animal heroes (and one Robot Buddy
) who teach children about safety through example.
The series was originally released from 2005 to 2006. It began re-airing on CBS
on September 17, 2011, as part of the Cookie Jar TV
block. However, some of the episodes were DVD specials before then.
- Badass: For an educational children's show, the characters are awfully Bad Ass.
- Bad Is Good and Good Is Bad: A group of "tough" biker kids in "Wild Wheels."
- Barefoot Cartoon Animals: Most of the cast.
- Beary Funny: Burble
- Casting Gag: This is not the only feline character named Kitty that Grey DeLisle has voiced.
- Cats Are Mean: Averted with Kitty
- Deadpan Snarker: Squeaky
- Disembodied Eyebrows: Several of the characters, including Burble and Fallbot
- A Dog Named Dog: Kitty
- Early Installment Weirdness: S.A.V.O. calling out a "Safety Alert" instead of a "Danger Alert" in "Wild Wheels."
- Fantasy Helmet Enforcement: And you can bet the "bad kids" don't wear helmets. (Though they might wear backwards ball caps.)
- Five-Man Band:
- Gadgeteer Genius: Burt
- Informed Species: Sully is supposed to be a seal, but given that he actually has legs instead of tail-fins, he looks more like an otter.
- My Greatest Failure: For Burble, Rusty Ringtail in "Wild Wheels"
- Non-Action Guy: Burt
- Road Sign Reversal: This was used by a kid in a failed attempt at cheating on a race in the episode about pedestrian safety.
- Robot Dog: Burt invents one, Sparky, in "Dog Days."
- They Call Me Mister Tibbs: Type B, with Quenton P. Manderbill, in "Where the Fun Never Stops." "Please, Mister Manderbill is my father. Call me Quenton."
- Title Theme Tune
- Turtle Power: Burt
- Two Girls to a Team: Kitty and GB
- Wicked Weasel: Worley
- World of Funny Animals