Western Animation: Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island
A 2005 Warner Bros. animated show that lasted only 13 episodes. It starred the hyperactive Coconut Fred in his strange and silly adventures on Fruit Salad Island. He is usually aided by a neurotic cherry, hillbily twin bananas and a Noble Savage strawberry, and usally to the misery, strife and pain of a strict watermelon, a lemon who wants to get off the island and a bully apple.There's no getting around the fact that the show was a shameless knockoff of SpongeBob SquarePants: everyone from the youngest viewers to the actor playing the main character (who would later list him as his least favorite role) picked up on it. Still you know what they say, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".
This show provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Gay: Mr. Greenrind.
- Anthropomorphic Food: The entire cast is walking fruit.
- Bears Are Bad News: Fred also attempts to jugle a bear for a world record.
- Butt Monkey: Mr. Greenrind and Wedgie.
- City of Adventure: The titled place.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Fred.
- The Ditz: Slip and Slide.
- The Eeyore: Mr. Greenrind.
- Everything's Even Worse with Sharks: Fred attempts to juggle a shark for a world record.
- Fat Bastard:Vic and Ripley Van Ripen.
- Follow the Leader: It's Spongebob Squarepants, plain and simple.
- Gonk: Mr. Greenrind.
- Keet: Fred.
- Only Sane Man: Mr. Greenrind.
- Bingo when Mr. Greenrind isn't there.
- Parody Episode: The "Sir Nut-a-Lot" episode was primarily a parody of Final Fantasy VII, with Coconut Fred serving as Cloud and Butchy playing the Sephiroth expy. But then, you had Slip and Slide dressed like the Mario Bros., and Bingo being the obligatory help character (Navi, in this case)
- The end of the episode is a parody of Donkey Kong.
- Send in the Clones: The entire episode of "Coconut Freds".
- Short Runner
- The Millennium Age of Animation
- The Napoleon: Wedgie.
- Those Two Guys: Slip and Slide.
- Widget Series