A 2005 Warner Bros. animated show that lasted only 13 episodes. It starred the hyperactive Coconut Fred in his strange and silly adventures on Fruit Salad Island. He is usually aided by a neurotic cherry, hillbily twin bananas and a Noble Savage strawberry, and usually to the misery, strife and pain of a strict watermelon, a lemon who wants to get off the island and a bully apple.There's no getting around the fact that the show was a shameless knockoff of SpongeBob SquarePants: everyone from the youngest viewers to the actor playing the main character (Rob Paulsen, who would later list him as his least favorite role) picked up on it. Still you know what they say, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".
Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Tropes:
- Angrish: In "Bananas For Golf", Mr. Greenrind goes into this when a gopher spits out his golf ball from the hole.
- Anthropomorphic Food: The entire cast is walking fruit.
- Bears Are Bad News: Fred attempts to juggle a bear for a world record.
- Dub Name Change: The Latin American dub of the episode "Sir Nut-a-Lot" is called "Sir Cocolot".
- Extra! Extra! Read All About It!: Coconut Fred says this in "No News is Good News".
- Iris Out: Most episodes end this way.
- Only Sane Man: Mr. Greenrind, who tries to make sense of Fred's antics.
- Parody Episode: The "Sir Nut-a-Lot" episode was primarily a parody of Final Fantasy VII, with Coconut Fred serving as Cloud and Butchy playing the Sephiroth expy. But then, you had Slip and Slide dressed like the Super Mario Bros., and Bingo being the obligatory help character; Navi, in this case. The end of the episode is a parody of Donkey Kong.
- Physical God: Believe it or not, but Fred is this. He created the Island and can basically create anything just by imagining it.
- Short Runner: Lasted only 13 episodes.
- Shout-Out: At some point in "Master of Disaster", one of the banana twins gets out a hand puppet that looks like Prickle.