A 2005 Warner Bros. animated show that lasted only 13 episodes. It starred the hyperactive Coconut Fred in his strange and silly adventures on Fruit Salad Island. He is usually aided by a neurotic cherry, hillbily twin bananas and a Noble Savage strawberry, and usally to the misery, strife and pain of a strict watermelon, a lemon who wants to get off the island and a bully apple.There's no getting around the fact that the show was a shameless knockoff of SpongeBob SquarePants: everyone from the youngest viewers to the actor playing the main character (Rob Paulsen, who would later list him as his least favorite role) picked up on it. Still you know what they say, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".
Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Tropes:
- Anthropomorphic Food: The entire cast is walking fruit.
- Bears Are Bad News: Fred attempts to juggle a bear for a world record.
- Everything's Even Worse with Sharks: Fred also attempts to juggle a shark for a world record.
- Parody Episode: The "Sir Nut-a-Lot" episode was primarily a parody of Final Fantasy VII, with Coconut Fred serving as Cloud and Butchy playing the Sephiroth expy. But then, you had Slip and Slide dressed like the Super Mario Bros., and Bingo being the obligatory help character (Navi, in this case)
- The end of the episode is a parody of Donkey Kong.