Western Animation: Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island
A 2005 Warner Bros. animated show that lasted only 13 episodes. It starred the hyperactive Coconut Fred in his strange and silly adventures on Fruit Salad Island. He is usually aided by a neurotic cherry, hillbily twin bananas and a Noble Savage strawberry, and usally to the misery, strife and pain of a strict watermelon, a lemon who wants to get off the island and a bully apple.Viewers mainly complained about it being a shameless knockoff of SpongeBob SquarePants and...well let's not beat around the bush, they were right. Even younger viewers at the time could see the similarities. And when the main VA of Fred states as such, well, there ya go. Still you know what they say, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".
This show provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Gay: Mr. Greenrind.
- Anthropomorphic Food: The entire cast is walking fruit.
- Bears Are Bad News: Fred also attempts to jugle a bear for a world record.
- Butt Monkey: Mr. Greenrind and Wedgie.
- City of Adventure: The titled place.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Fred.
- The Ditz: Slip and Slide.
- The Eeyore: Mr. Greenrind.
- Fat Bastard:Vic and Ripley Van Ripen.
- Everything's Even Worse with Sharks: Fred attempts to juggle a shark for a world record.
- Follow the Leader: Many compared this show to Spongebob Squarepants, and it's easy to see why.
- Gonk: Mr. Greenrind.
- Keet: Fred.
- Only Sane Man: Mr. Greenrind.
- Bingo when Mr. Greenrind isn't there.
- Parody Episode: The "Sir Nut-a-Lot" episode was primarily a parody of Final Fantasy VII, with Coconut Fred serving as Cloud and Butchy playing the Sephiroth expy. But then, you had Slip and Slide dressed like the Mario Bros., and Bingo being the obligatory help character (Navi, in this case)
- The end of the episode is a parody of Donkey Kong.
- Reality Warper: It's explicitly said that Fred can make anything he imagines become real. Rather like if Mr. Mxyzptlk visited but there was no way to ever send him home.
- Send in the Clones: The entire episode of "Coconut Freds".
- The Millennium Age of Animation
- The Napoleon: Wedgie.
- Those Two Guys: Slip and Slide.
- Widget Series