Western Animation: DC Showcase: Green Arrow
Oliver Queen aka Green Arrow
goes to the airport to pick up his girlfriend Dinah Lance aka Black Canary
, but stumbles onto a plot to assassinate the visiting Princess Perdita of Vlatava.
- Accidental Pun: When Perdita says "Every queen needs a consort." (referring to Black Canary), and Green Arrow says "She's right. Every Queen does." (referring to his own alter ego).
- Aristocrats Are Evil: Count Vertigo.
- Badass Beard: Green Arrow.
- Badass Princess: Perdita, although she's technically the Queen. See Nerves of Steel.
- Big Damn Heroes: Green Arrow when he shows up during the initial assassination attempt on Princess Perdita. Black Canary at the end, when she saves the pair from Count Vertigo.
- Blond Guys Are Evil: Count Vertigo.
- Averted with Green Arrow himself.
- Brainy Brunette: Implied with Queen Perdita. She manage to make a medical bandage for Green Arrow after he gets injured with one of Merlyn's arrows.
- A Child Shall Lead Them: Perdita turns out to have become the Queen of her nation and is only around 10 or 11.
- The Comically Serious: Perdita takes everything Green Arrow says literally.
- Curse Cut Short
Vertigo: Soon to be King Vertigo, once I've dispatched you and the little bi-
Black Canary: Watch your mouth! *screamblast*
- Dark Is Not Evil: Dinah's main costume wear is black, but she's one of the good guys.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Perdita is referred to as "Princess" but as she specifically points out, she's actually the Queen of her nation, due to her father's death.
- Evil Brit: Merlyn. Voiced by Malcolm McDowell.
- Evil Counterpart: Merlyn is this to Green Arrow.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Count Veritgo, courtesy of his voice actor Steve Blum.
- Evil Uncle: Count Vertigo aims to gain the throne of his country, Vlatava, by killing Perdita, his niece.
- Expressive Mask: Green Arrow.
- Foreshadowing: "I'll meet you in baggage claim."
- Friend to All Children: Implied with Green Arrow's interaction with Perdita in the showcase.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple: Perdita is seen wearing a purple dress.
- Gray Eyes: Perdita.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Green Arrow and Black Canary are the hero/heroine variety.
- Handicapped Badass: Merlyn shoots Green Arrow through the leg with one of his arrows, causing him to spend over half the short with a makeshift bandage, and lowered mobility. In spite of this, he does very well under the circumstances.
- In the Hood: He doesn't wear it, but Green Arrow does have a hood as a part of his costume.
- Mythology Gag: The contacts on Ollie's phone include; Dinah (Dinah Lance/Black Canary), Bruce (Bruce Wayne/Batman), Clark (Clark Kent/Superman), Wally (Wally West/The Flash), Mort (Mort Wesinger, the creator of Green Arrow) and Diana (Wonder Woman).
- Nerves of Steel: Throughout the whole showcase, Perdita remains relatively calm and levelheaded.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent / The Kids Are American: Perdita. Noticeable only because Vertigo does have a mild Eastern European accent, and because when Ariel Winter reprised the role for Young Justice, Perdita suddenly gained one, too.
- Official Couple: Green Arrow and Black Canary. Ollie actually proposes to her at the end, and she accepts.
- Royal Brat: Averted with Perdita. Throughout the entire short she was brave, calm, helpful, and serious.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Princess Perdita keeps her head during the assassination attempt, and even applies a field bandage to Green Arrow when he's wounded by one of Merlyn's arrows.
- Shipper on Deck: From Perdita's encouragement to Black Canary to say "yes" to Green Arrow's proposal, it appears that she ships the two.
- Shoot the Bullet: Green Arrow and Merlyn shoot simultaneous shots at each other. Green Arrow's arrow shatters Merlyn's, cuts his bowstring, slices his cheek and hits the wall behind him and releases a cloud of knockout gas.
- Shoot The Fuel Tank: Merlyn tries to kill Green Arrow by firing a flaming arrow into a fuel tanker, which explodes.
- Spock Speak: This exchange:
Green Arrow (after narrowly dodging a coasting plane): That dragon almost got us.
Perdita: You do realize that I'm ten and do not require fairy-tale metaphors?
Green Arrow: Sorry, it's my first time rescuing royalty.
Perdita: It is quite a forgivable sin... Robin Hood.
- Stealth Pun: Ollie drives a hybrid. As in, a green car.
- Trick Arrow: Not as out there. But present.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Black Canary's gives a full, sonic blast to Count Vertigo when he tries to kill her boyfriend (later fiance) and a child.
- Would Hurt a Child: Count Vertigo, Perdita's uncle, orchestrated the assassination attempt, because if she dies, then he gets the kingdom. Vertigo was even going to kill her, with his own hands, at the climax. He is stopped thanks to Black Canary.