Well, now that you're here, let the games begin!
In the late 90's, HBO broadcast an Edutainment Show
from Canada called Crashbox. The show was a bunch of Skits held together by the game console (The titular Crashbox). Most of the skits were in Stop Motion
(with a few exceptions
). The Show lasted for 2 years, and had 2 seasons, lasting 39 episodes. It is still shown on HBO Family in reruns.
This series provides examples of:
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Distraction News tries to do this, but it would only really work on little kids.
- Or a somewhat older child that actually had Attention Deficit Disorder.
- Art Shift: While some of the games are of stopmotion, Sketch Pad, Like Totally Paige and Sage, Ear We Are, Haunted House Party, Mug Shots, Lens McCracken, and Word Shake have their own styles.
- Big Boo's Haunt: Haunted House Party is set outside of a haunted house.
- Cool Teacher: Professor Psycho from Psycho Math.
- Dem Bones: Cptn. Bones, which he uses to create Math Puzzles.
- Deranged Animation
- Disco Dan: Jumpin' Johnny Jumble, radio host of KBOX, of Radio Scramble. Possibly 1950s Rock & Roll.
- Eaten Alive: Eddie Bull, and his game, run around this.
- Eccentric Mentor: Professor Psycho from Psycho Math.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Almost all of the games have names that are part of the game.
- Fat Slob: The Revolting Slob. Slob's in his name, but he is also fat.
- Framing Device: The actual Crashbox is a Framing Device for the games.
- Gratuitous French: The French Chef in Word Shake.
- Great Detective: Verity from Mug Shots and Lens Mc Cracken from the game with the same name view themselves as this.
- They each might be considered a Defective Detective, particularly Lens because his close-ups are so obnoxious. Verity is less so, but really, if a grown woman can't figure out that, say, "influenza" is not a flower, she's been hitting the police station sludge too hard.
- Has Two Thumbs And: In Haunted House Party, your given clues to guess which famous person is at the party. In Dirty Pictures, your given clues to guess who's painting is being cleaned.
- Insane Troll Logic: Based on the clues given, Lens Mc Cracken will make a scenario to solve a case. They're usually really far fetched.
- Jamaica: Captain Bob of Think Tank comes from here, and he can't get back because he's stuck in the tank.
- Meaningful Name: Captain Bones, Eddie Bull, The Revolting Slob, The Riddle Snake, and Professor Psycho.
- Mindscrew: The distractions of the game Distraction News.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Captain Bones is a Pirate, and a Skeleton!
- No OSHA Compliance: Okay, what kind of zoo would let a person named Eddie Bull get swallowed by animals of any kind? Even animals possibly smaller than him might not be able to eat him at all. Also the entire box in general, which might look a bit crowded with all the metallic machinery.
- Not in Front of the Kid: Julius Caesar references it in a Haunted House Party sketch. The butler asks if he can take Julius' toga; the response is, "You do and we'll be rated."
- Punny Name: Eddie Bull specifically.
- Puzzle Game: Captain Bones (Who's literally nothing but Bones) uses his bones to make Math Puzzles.
- Riddle Me This: The Riddle Snake game is this.
- Running Gag: In every episode of "Revolting Slob", Revolting Slob always explodes at the end of the segment.
- Squiggle Vision: Sketch Pad.
- Stop Motion
- Valley Girl: The game host of Paige and Sage.