Fur Will Fly
is a Furry Comic
(now concluded) about a human named Brad who, after getting fired from his job at Tim Hortons, asks God to, quote, "Bring it on."
Less than a second later, he is teleported into a government-funded lab in a Mirror Universe
where everyone is an anthromorphic animal
in one form or another (the author seems to love throwing obscure or seldom-used animals into the mix). After a series of culture shock strips detailing the differences between the two universes the strip quickly settles into a pattern of following Brad through the various travails, romances and sitcom-esque gags of his new life . . . at least before taking a turn for the dramatic
. Luckily, this works to the reader's benefit and is done fairly well.
is now was (the archives got taken down due to creative team disputes)
is now again an ongoing sequel/spinoff to this comic, called Coming Up Violet
; check it out
- Arranged Marriage
- Art Evolution
- Art Shift
- Taken to extremes by the end of the comic, when there are no fewer than three artists drawing the comic at any one time.
- Babies Ever After
- Barefoot Cartoon Animals: Everyone except Brad, the firefighters, and the soldiers. This is even lampshaded at one point by Socko being picked up by a group of women at the laundry mat and the women mistaking him for a tail warmer.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension
- Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Canada, Eh?
- Despite Brad previously working at Tim Hortons, he goes to Canada only once in the strip. Though Kevin is a Canadian, and Natalie does move there in the epilogue.
- Carnivore Confusion
- Clingy Jealous Girl
- Crazy Cat Lady
- Cross Over
- One of the early storylines had a disguised Brad dating Blue from Namir Deiter
- Later on, the cast meets up with some folks from Suburban Jungle.
- Furry Comic
- Furry Confusion
- Good Girls Avoid Abortion
- Both Tammy and Page decide to keep their babies, even though the option of abortion was either discussed or alluded to in some way.
- G-Rated Drug
- Natalie smoked catnip, which is actually a powerful hallucinogen.
- Half-Human Hybrid
- Happily Married
- Hide Your Lesbians
- Natalie's family tries to do this to her when they invite her to the family reunion.
- Interspecies Romance
- Law of Inverse Fertility
- Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My!
- The Men in Black
- Mirror Universe
- Mistaken for Gay
- The Multiverse
- There's even a universe populated entirely by sasquatch!
- Only One Name
- Brad, who has actually forgotten his surname.
- Opposites Attract
- Our Werewolves Are Different
- Parental Abandonment
- Pizza Boy Special Delivery: Roxxy is a pizza girl who uses "unconventional" tactics to get bigger tips. Though the only one of her customers she actually slept with was her girlfriend, Natalie.
- Punny Name
- Agent Foe and Agent Paws both are often cast as the main characters' foes, both have paws, and neither of them ever seem to catch a break.
- Running Gag: "Stacy's mom has got it goin' on..."
- Schedule Slip
- Shout Out
- Species Surname
- Stupid Sexy Flanders
- Visual Pun - The doctor is a duck.
- Visit by Divorced Dad
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Brad's first on-screen girlfriend was named, appropriately, Blue.