Fur Will Fly
is a Furry Comic
(now concluded) about a human named Brad who, after getting fired from his job at Tim Hortons, asks God to, quote, "Bring it on."
Less than a second later, he is teleported into a government-funded lab in a Mirror Universe
where everyone is an anthromorphic animal
in one form or another (the author seems to love throwing obscure or seldom-used animals into the mix). After a series of culture shock strips detailing the differences between the two universes the strip quickly settles into a pattern of following Brad through the various travails, romances and sitcom-esque gags of his new life . . . at least before taking a turn for the dramatic
. Luckily, this works to the reader's benefit and is done fairly well.
is now was (the archives got taken down due to creative team disputes)
is now again an
no longer ongoing sequel/spinoff to this comic, called Coming Up Violet
; check it out
- Arranged Marriage
- Art Evolution
- Art Shift
- Taken to extremes by the end of the comic, when there are no fewer than three artists drawing the comic at any one time.
- Babies Ever After
- Barefoot Cartoon Animals: Everyone except Brad, the firefighters, and the soldiers. This is even lampshaded at one point by Socko being picked up by a group of women at the laundry mat and the women mistaking him for a tail warmer.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension
- Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Canada, Eh?
- Despite Brad previously working at Tim Hortons, he goes to Canada only once in the strip. Though Kevin is a Canadian, and Natalie does move there in the epilogue.
- Carnivore Confusion
- Clingy Jealous Girl
- Crazy Cat Lady
- Cross Over
- One of the early storylines had a disguised Brad dating Blue from Namir Deiter
- Later on, the cast meets up with some folks from Suburban Jungle.
- Furry Comic
- Furry Confusion
- Good Girls Avoid Abortion
- Both Tammy and Page decide to keep their babies, even though the option of abortion was either discussed or alluded to in some way.
- G-Rated Drug
- Natalie smoked catnip, which is actually a powerful hallucinogen.
- Half-Human Hybrid
- Happily Married
- Hide Your Lesbians
- Natalie's family tries to do this to her when they invite her to the family reunion.
- Interspecies Romance
- Law of Inverse Fertility
- Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My!
- The Men in Black
- Mirror Universe
- Mistaken for Gay
- The Multiverse
- There's even a universe populated entirely by sasquatch!
- Only One Name
- Brad, who has actually forgotten his surname.
- Opposites Attract
- Our Werewolves Are Different
- Parental Abandonment
- Pizza Boy Special Delivery: Roxxy is a pizza girl who uses "unconventional" tactics to get bigger tips. Though the only one of her customers she actually slept with was her girlfriend, Natalie.
- Punny Name
- Agent Foe and Agent Paws both are often cast as the main characters' foes, both have paws, and neither of them ever seem to catch a break.
- Running Gag: "Stacy's mom has got it goin' on..."
- Schedule Slip
- Species Surname
- Stupid Sexy Flanders
- Visual Pun - The doctor is a duck.
- Visit by Divorced Dad
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Brad's first on-screen girlfriend was named, appropriately, Blue.