You know what's bullshit? This page. And we're gonna tell you all about it...You Know What's Bullshit?
is a Web Original
video series by James Rolfe
. It's perhaps his second-most-popular series after The Angry Video Game Nerd
Keeping up with the Caustic Critic
/ Accentuate the Negative
formula which made him famous, Rolfe in this series plays the Bullshit Man, who is very angrily complaining about everyday annoyances, such as pay toilets, malfunctioning printers, shoelaces and movies about penguins
.You can check the series here
YKWBS provides examples of:
- Accentuate the Negative: This series is all about it. You should guess by the title!
- Caustic Critic: Well, obviously!
- Deadpan Snarker
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: The Bullshit Man'd prefer less movies about penguins, and more movies about Pygmy Marmosets, who are the proof God has a sense of humor.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: Inverted: the Bullshit Man is sick of movies about penguins. Especially when March of the Penguins, Happy Feet and Surf's Up came out barely months after each other.
- The Faceless: Until The Reveal.
- Follow the Leader: Just like the AVGN, this show has its knockoffs from other "angry reviewers".
- Have You Tried Rebooting?: The Bullshit Man tries this when he's having trouble with his printer. It doesn't help.
- Late Arrival Spoiler: Don't watch episode 14 before seeing the Cream Cheese episode. By the way, don't look at the picture near to the link.
- In fact, there are five video thumbnails that spoil the ending of the Cream Cheese episode.
- Literal-Minded: The "Grass" episode. He basically describes how bulls eat grass, digest it, and then shit it out, making it actually fit the title.
- Overly Long Gag: DVD packaging has been the focus of no less than three separate episodes.
- The Reveal: The Bullshit Man is eventually revealed to have a face literally made out of bullshit.
- Road Apples: A big literal pile of bullshit being defecated in the title card. What more can we ask for?
- Strawman Has a Point: He is a caricature of people who complain about things that can't be helped. And yet, we'd bet an arm you can't help but agree with much of the stuff he says.
- Stylistic Suck: Episode 15.
- Talking Poo: The Bullshit Man's true nature.
- Title Drop: At the beginning of every episode.
...and that's bullshit.