Web Video / Spaz Attack Commentaries
is a newly hatched commentary group inspired by BrainScratch Commentaries
(and by extension, Hellfire Commentaries
). This "lovable band of misfits" is led by Kenneth Rutter
and co-piloted by Trevor Romein
. Originally designed to be a Let's Play and Review channel by Trevor and Eric Trahan, another main Commetator for the group, SpazAttack
was only one half of the commentary idea, with Kenneth working to start a comm channel called Gamer Storm Comms
. After a proposal of a merger between the two, the group took on the name SpazAttackComms
and thus began it's journey to become a channel on Youtube for people who were bored and wanted to laugh and watch some idiots play video games and chew the fat. Since then, a number of commentators have come into the fold, such as Anthony Feliccia
AKA Anthony the Hedgehog, Robert Alex Ford
, Alanie Montgomery
(Trevor's girlfriend) David Livings and Christopher Brenneman.Current Commentaries:
TO BE UPDATED!!! Though they have begun uploading RA Ws
for Jurassic Park: The Game and South Park: The Stick of Truth
Spaz Attack Commentaries contains examples of:
- Aborted Arc: Super Mario Bros., due to Kenny rage quitting after getting several game overs, and has never seen the light of day.
- Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles. Only one part went up before the game took a crap on Kenny, and he took the playlist down.
- Pity, because they were going to make a Drinking Game out of that — one drink per headshot.
- Spyro the Dragon could also count, but Kenny's going to reupload it, so it's more of a recovered arc.
- Accidental Nightmare Fuel: This is the effect Chris's laugh has on Anthony.
- A Date With Rosy Palms: During a Facebook chat between Kenny and Trevor, they made a mention about how Zero Suit Samus drives them to...well, you get the idea.
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Saria is a cougar who likes to use her ocarina as a sex toy. You can thank Alanie and her dirty mind for this one.
- Part 38 of Ocarina of Time Trevor makes it a point to give all the carpenters hilarious accents. Have fun with that.
- Angrish: Kenny absolutely hates the water treatment puzzle in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
- Though he managed to keep his rage in check and calmly explained why he didn't like it.
- Anti-Climax: The only way to describe the final fight with the Tyrannosaurus at the end of Dino Crisis
- Ascended Fanboy: All of them to some extent, having been inspired by BrainScratch Commentaries
- A Wizard Did It: One of Trevor's Catch Phrases is "Sure, why not?" when dealing with just about anything.
- Badass Baritone: David has one that is sure to make men jealous and attract hordes of fangirls.
- Berserk Button: Mention Dragon Ball Z around Alanie and she turns into the Wicked Witch of the West. We don't know why.
- Bias Steamroller:
- One of the biggest jokes of the crew is Anthony being a Fan Boy of the Sonic the Hedgehog series and how he dislikes everything that isn't Sonic related.
- Kenny also dislikes the Grand Theft Auto series and World of Warcraft
- And scavenger hunts. No matter how small they may be.
- Trevor, while not outright hating them, makes it a point to avoid 1st and 3rd person shooters like Halo and Call of Duty. He has had experience with these types of games, but in most cases, according to him, "It's all the same s***".
- Big "SHUT UP!": Courtesy of Knuckles in the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle commentary (a clip from Sonic X; it's also a Shout-Out to ClementJ642.)
- Throughout all the parts of the Water Temple, Kenny kept asking at the beginning of the video "Are we done yet?" Prompting Trevor (and sometimes Chris) to tell Kenny like it is. Even AFTER the last Water temple Part, Kenny asks again, only to get the same response.
Kenny: Are we done yet?
Trevor: SHUT UP! We're done already!
- Big "WHAT?!": In Part 21 of the Ocarina of Time playthrough, one of the kids in the background is acting up, and upon being told to sit down and be quiet, his response is to say "I peed!"
WHAT?! Could you repeat that?
- Also doubles as a Funny Background Event.
- In the final part of Starfox 64, the score Trevor got was a measly 3 points away from being the same score as the 1st place slot in the rankings. Not only did Kenny and Trevor voice their shock, but General Pepper as well.
Trevor: 3 F***ING POINTS?! What?!
General Pepper: WHAT?!
Trevor: Yeah, exactly!
- And there's a lot of this during the Super Smash Brothers Impressions video.
- In the Sonic Boom Impressions video, Kenny mentions that he has never played Smash Brothers. Cue up Chris from Family Guy.
- Brain Bleach: During the Dino Crisis commentary, Eric shows Kenny and Trevor a picture of Regina being mounted by a velociraptor. Yet another reason why he was nicknamed "Mr. Rule 34" during that commentary.
- Alanie all throughout Part 23 of the Ocarina of Time commentary. Poor, poor Kenny.
- Call Back:
- The Cameo: PewDiePie in Part 2 of Metroid: Fusion by way of sound byte.
- Captain Obvious: Beginning when Kenny, Anthony, and Trevor looked at the first five episodes of Gargoyles, Trevor started saying "Ya don't say" whenever someone points out the painfully obvious. For instance, again in Gargoyles:
BROOKLYN: Maybe we'd better not tell Goliath about this. (in reference to accidentally destroying a motorcycle)
TREVOR: Naw, ya don't say!
- Catch Phrase
- All: Well, that's some shit (and other variations)
- Kenny: There's a/n "x" there (said whenever a character runs into something they can clearly see)
- Trevor: Sure, why not.
- Ya don't say. (said whenever a character points out the painfully obvious)
- As of Duck Tales Remastered, he's started saying "You have wasted SO MUCH of my god damn time!"
- Anthony: Just like in (insert You Tuber name here)'s video.
- Chris: Uh-huh.
- Cell Phones Are Useless: Happens every time someone ends up dropping from a call, usually leading to some frustration by the other commentators.
- In Duck Tales, Anthony brought in another friend of his, but said friend's Skype kept cutting out on him until the last part.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Pretty much every member.
- It should be noted that the group can't go a single part without saying a curse word.
- This holds ESPECIALLY true for the Pokemon Lost Silver playthrough......Trevor has the mouth of a sailor in that commentary.
- Comically Missing the Point: Everyone's prone to this at some point or another.
- Commentary Hiatus: The crew has been quiet for a while due to computer issues, and Kenny hasn't been able to record due to losing his recording software after a previous computer crash.
- They finally made their grand return after almost a year of silence, though Kenny's been forced to use his camcorder to record game footage since he doesn't have any real recording software. Yet....
- Unknown to the viewers, Trevor will on occasion subject Kenny to an upload "Play-by-play", saying how far along the video his current upload is at. Most of the time, its a Skype chat window filled with numbers and percentages and Kenny losing his mind
- Companion Cube: The Magnum. That is all.
- Cousin Oliver: Anthony and Robert, as they're the youngest members of the group (they're still in high school, while the others are all out of school).
- Crossover: It might be All Just a Dream, but they've talked about having members of BrainScratch Commentaries joining them sometime in the future.
- Curse: The Resident Evil 3 playthrough was plagued with so many problems it eventually fell into a Schedule Slip.
- To put it in perspective, the Resident Evil 3 commentary was supposed to be a Halloween special, but due to constant computer fuckups, ended up being a New Years' special.
- In the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time playthrough, from the start of the Shadow Temple to the end of the Spirit Temple, Trevor swears that he didn't record any of that portion, saying that after the Water Temple he had put the game down for some time before returning to finish recording it. It appears someone has a helpful apparition following them...
- Deadpan Snarker: The crew resorts to this from time to time.
- Determinator: It takes a really insane or really determined person to make it through Super Meat Boy without losing their sanity.
- Also Nemesis, as Kenny explains.
Let's see here—he's taken like a million bullets, two explosions to the face, been pushed off the balcony of a clock tower, pushed off of a bridge into a river with what I assume are jagged rocks at the bottom, doused in acid, thrown through a garbage disposal, and the only thing stopping this guy is a nuclear explosion.
- Didn'tThinkThisThrough: Trevor was so focused on getting his vengeance against Kenny's rudimentary means of recording game footage that he forgot to edit out a large chunk of him hunting for an open door in Superman 64...twice. Whoops.
- Discretion Shot: 58 deaths in one of the later levels of Super Meat Boy; we don't even get to see the level, it was that bad.
- Ear Worm: Let's see here...
- Early Installment Weirdness: For the first few playthroughs, the group seemed to be trying too hard to emulate Brain Scratch and Hell Fire. They dropped that mentality around the time of the Crash Bandicoot 2 playthrough.
- Kenny also wanted his main commentary style to have the game be peppered with subtitles, but seeing how annoying/distracting that was, he stopped after doing it only for the Dino Crisis playthrough.
- During the Star Fox Assault commentary, Anthony would occasionally repeat the joke he just heard from one of the other commentators. As time went on (and as he grew up, as he was in his mid-teens when they began), he eventually stopped and began coming up with his own jokes.
- Averted with Juan, who is STILL doing goofy voices and impressions.
- Easy-Mode Mockery: If it has an Easy Mode, Kenny will play the game on that setting because, as he puts it, "I'm a pussy, I know".
- Epic Fail: Trevor dying in Part 13 of the Starfox Assault commentary
- Part 3 of the Dino Crisis commentary has Kenny deliberately getting eaten by the T. Rex, and then he gets eaten after trying to fight it legitimately.
- He makes up for it at the beginning of the next video, though.
- Kenny's Leeroy Jenkins moment in Part 5 of the Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back commentary, though he says it was intentional.
- Part 3 of the Resident Evil 3: Nemesis commentary ends with Kenny saving in a small save room, and the next video begins with him being ambushed by Nemesis.
- All the deaths in Super Meat Boy; justified in that that game is pretty difficult to begin with, but some of those deaths were just bad.
- Though we haven't seen it, Anthony got a Game Over to the first boss of Sonic the Hedgehog and the second boss of Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
- In the Himilayas level of Duck Tales, Kenny tries for several seconds to kill a rabbit, only to get knocked into a pit thanks to knock back. See what being a kleptomaniac gets you, Kenny?
- Fan Boy: The guys are all fans of the Sonic series. The girl is not.
- Kenny also loves the Resident Evil series, especially 3; he also has a soft spot for the Spyro the Dragon series, though mainly just the first three; the first game in the series is his favorite video game of all time.
- He also says that, in his mind, the original PlayStation is the best nostalgic video game console.
- Robert enjoys anything involving comic books or superheroes.
- Trevor, while not a diehard fan to any game in particular, is a "Jack of All Trades" in gaming. His collection dwarfs most of the other members and could very well be on par with other big-name reviewers.
- Fan Boy Squeal: Kenny during the Sonic Boom Impressions video (though that was more of a screech than a squeal), and Anthony all throughout the Super Smash Brothers Impressions video.
- Fan Fic: Kenny has a fanfiction.net account. Here it is
- Fan Nickname: Because Kokiri never grow up, Saria is nicknamed "The Cougar".
- Fate Worse Than Death: Kenny and Trevor agree that the zombies of the Resident Evil series represent this. Kenny even says that of all the movie monsters, zombies are probably the saddest because they once had people who loved them and are now forced to kill them before they get eaten.
- Five-Man Band:
- Follow the Leader: This group is a self-proclaimed rip-off of BrainScratch Commentaries
- Fun with Subtitles: The Dino Crisis playthrough is peppered with subtitles for every situation, from naming the dinosaurs to making fun of the Big Bad.
- While not exactly subtitle-ridden, Trevor makes extreme use of throwing text all over the Water Temple parts, both to inform first-timers to the game and to keep the boredom to a minimun.
- Furry Fandom: Kenny, Trevor, and Anthony agree that this is the only reason Krystal exists. Kenny and Trevor even get to pick on Anthony after he says that he likes Krystal.
- The same could be said of Coco from Crash Bandicoot 2.
- Anthony eventually went on to admit that, yes, he is a furry. He was praised for actually coming out to admit this, though it did lead to some Squick territory when he learned what a furry actually is.
- A Good Name for a Rock Band: During the Crash Bandicoot 2 commentary, Chris puts the words "TNT" and "Nitro" back to back. While he's referring to a narcotic (by the way, Chris does NOT do drugs), Kenny thinks it would make a good name for a rock band.
- Guest-Star Party Member: So far, there have only been two — Anthony's brothers Joey and Bryan. Background voices don't count. Anthony's friend Juan started off as this, but he's becoming a regular as of late.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: Any game that allows the player to name the character will have Trevor name the character "Spaz Attk" or some variation of that.
- Hidden Depths: Trevor's an artist (he made all of the channel bumpers), and not only is Kenny a fairly decent amateur writer, he's also a brony. Didn't see that one coming.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Kenny, Anthony, and Juan were all excited for Sonic Boom....And then the game came out.
- I Hate Past Me: Not much hate but they mostly try to communicate with their past selves to move on, stop sucking, or look at the obvious.
- Jump Scare
- Kenny's first encounter with the Tyrannosaurus rex in Dino Crisis scared the crap out of him when he was a kid.
- There are even a few moments in the Resident Evil 3 commentary that make the crew yelp a little bit, such as Nemesis bursting through a window armed with a bazooka. This leads into some Mood Whiplash as Kenny starts playing The Benny Hill Show theme during the chase sequence, which is also a Crowning Momentof Funny.
- Part 1 of Metroid Fusion.....nuff said.
- Kleptomaniac Hero:
- Averted, as Trevor only goes after the S Flags when he happens across them at random.
- Played straight in Metroid Fusion, but that was necessary.
- Kenny claims to be anti-klepto, even though he spends several seconds trying to get a Colored Gem that was just out of reach before giving up.
- This is averted in Duck Tales, which leads to him getting killed while trying to kill a rabbit in the Himilayas level. Maybe that should go under Epic Fail, huh?
- Lazy Bum: An in-joke when there's a long period of no RA Ws or commentary going up, though that's usually due to some sort of computer issue. But as of recently, life has gotten in the way. Stupid life.
- Live Episode: Kenny, Trevor, and David tried to do an "End of the World Livestream" on December 21, 2012, but they couldn't figure out how Google Hangouts worked, so it was scrapped.
- Madness Mantra:
- All throughout the Water Temple, Kenny kept asking "Are we done yet?"
- While not a mantra per se, Kenny goes on for great length about how he hates the Water Treatment Puzzle at the end of Resident Evil 3. He starts talking about it pretty early on, just so the other guys can have some sort of understanding.
- During said sequence, he even edits in Rita Repulsa getting a headache, as well as the time cards from SpongeBob SquarePants
- You have wasted SO MUCH of my god damn time!
- Man Child: Kenny, Trevor, and Chris to some extent or another.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: Anthony's friend Juan, who's joined them for some videos, has nearly spot-on impressions of every single Batman ever put to screen — Adam West, Michael Keaton, Kevin Conroy, Val Kilmer, George Clooney (let's be honest, that's not hard to do), and Christian Bale — as well as Morgan Freeman and William Shatner.
- Kenny has said that he's going to give the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park: The Game different voices, so that could count.
- The Many Deaths of You: The Crash Bandicoot 2 and Super Meat Boy playthroughs come to mind, especially the latter.
Trevor: Kenny, seriously?!
- Mood Whiplash: Just as Trevor finishes playing Pokemon Lost Silver, he gets a Skype message from Kenny saying that he just got back from his brother's wedding.
Trevor: *clapping hands* Oh! Congratulations! Congratulations! I just played a game about f***ing death and Kenny gets back from a wedding! F***ing fantastic! F***ing fantastic!
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: The final battle with Nemesis.
Kenny: DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!
- One-Episode Wonder: Eric was only in the first half of the Dino Crisis commentary before he left to join the military.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: His full name is Robert Alex Ford, but everybody, himself included, just calls him "Alex".
- Only Sane Man: Kenny and Trevor flip flop with this one, though it doesn't always stick.
- Overly Long Gag: At the end of Duck Tales Part 1, Kenny decides to go swimming in Scrooge's money bin...for nearly two minutes. This prompted annoyed groans from Trevor — especially when Kenny faked them out and made it look like he was about to leave — and his annoyed groans in turn prompted uproarious laughter from everyone else. This is the moment that made Trevor coin the phrase "You have wasted SO MUCH of my god damn time!"
- Kenny even says "It's called an Overly Long Gag for a reason, Trevor".
- Put on a Bus: Robert. Could also double as The Scrappy.
- Then there's also Eric, who has only been in the Smash Brothers Impressions video after disappearing for a year to join the army.
- The crew was this for a year, but —
- The Bus Came Back: THEY'RE BACK!
- The Quiet One: In the channel description, this is Trevor, and he holds true to that, rarely if ever raising his voice at anything. This changed for the live playthrough of Pokemon Lost Silver, as he was alone in that commentary....not like it was a bad thing he wasn't quiet...
- Anthony's friend Glen, but that's because Skype hated him during Duck Tales.
- Rage Quit: One of the later levels of Super Meat Boy has Trevor skipping it after dying 58 times. We don't see the deaths, but the Discretion Shot and accompanying sound byte are enough to clue us in as to what happened.
- He later went back and conquered the level — suffering an additional 34 deaths in the process for a total of 93 deaths.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Kenny and Trevor go on a long winded rant (about 10 minutes long) upon seeing Portal as Games Radar's Number One game of all time for the second time. And the first time they did that list, they (along with Robert) rant about how some of those games had never even been heard of before, should have been higher, or simply didn't belong on the list.
Okay, seriously, what the fuck is this doing here? It shouldn't be here, it should be higher. Games Radar, get your shit together.
- Trevor delivers a rather hilarious one to Kenny for diving into the money bin.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Trevor recorded some RAW footage for Superman 64 in order to get revenge against Kenny for having to use his camcorder to record game footage. As seen under "Didn't Think This Through", he forgot to edit out some large chunks, and by the end of it all, both he and Kenny were suffering from massive headaches and vowed to never do this again.
- Rule 34: Eric, we're looking at you.
- Seriously, go watch the first half of the Dino Crisis commentary and count how many sexual innuendos come from this guy alone.
- There's also Alanie, who recently has begun to show just how dirty her thoughts can be, which leads to instances of insane laughter from the other commentators or goes right into Brain Bleach territory.
- Running Gag: Where to begin.
- The Tetris theme playing during puzzles in the Dino Crisis commentary.
- Also in Dino Crisis, Robert made it a gag to sing a different Power Rangers theme song during the last few videos.
- The SpongeBob SquarePants time cards during the Crash Bandicoot 2 commentary.
- "Macho, Macho Man!"
- Nemesis getting blown up, along with an accompanying WTF BOOM!
- The Ocarinas are really vibrators.
- Just about every commentary they've done has had someone burping.
- Kenny pointing out odd things such as the shapes of the dungeon maps or Nintendo's lack of logic during the Ocarina of Time commentary.
- Though he wonders why he does so, as being a brony has taught him to not question what he sees in cartoons or video games.
- Power Bomb, motherfucker! Hoo-ah!
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: Done a lot in the Super Meat Boy commentary.
- Schedule Slip: Due to issues involving someone's computer going down or the loss of a recording software. Unfortunately, this happens a lot.
- The Resident Evil 3 playthrough is also this. See Curse above.
- NO LONGER!
- The Scrappy: Robert, who hasn't been seen since the Crash Bandicoot 2 commentary. There are reasons, of course, but none that will be said here.
- Hellfire Commentaries, Clement, The Nostalgia Critic, Brain Scratch Commentaries, the Super Gaming Brothers... this list could go on.
- Game Grumps gets brought up a lot when David's in the commentary.
- Of course, Anthony's numerous Sonic references.
- Anthony's told Kenny that his new favorite anime is Sword Art Online, so expect to hear a lot of gushing over that sometime in the future.
- Kenny sometimes makes references to My Little Pony, though he only does it as a passing reference or when he can't think of anything to compare something to.
- A rather heartwarming one — Anthony made a personal shout out to a friend of his during the Metroid Fusion commentary!
- In Duck Tales, Kenny made several to Animorphs, mostly regarding Magica de Spell when she turned into a bird.
I'm going to hold you down until the two hours are up! You'll be stuck as a bird forever!
- Sir Swears Alot: Kenny, Trevor, and Chris (though there are some words Chris just will NOT say, mostly because there's little kids around him).
- The Smurfette Principle: Alanie, Trevor's girlfriend, is the only female member of the SAC crew.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: "Walk the Dinosaur". That is all. As seen here: 
- Stuff Blowing Up: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis and Dino Crisis, end with the game's setting getting blown to shit. In fact, one of the final parts of Dino Crisis was titled "Blow shit up! Blow shit up!"
- Did Michael Bay have anything to do with this?
- Suddenly Voiced: Nemesis.
Kenny (as Nemesis): Little pig, little pig, let me in!
Nemesis: What the fu—BOOM!
- Take That!: In the Himilays level of Duck Tales, Kenny slams an ice block into a hockey player, prompting this:
Kenny: Take THAT, hockey!
Trevor: Take that, sports in general.
- This Is Gonna Suck: How they all felt about the Water Temple, even before they got there.
- And Sonic 06, but that's still a long ways off.
- Top Ten List: Games Radar's Top 100 Games of All Time, as well as a recently updated Games Radar's Top 10 Games of All Time, both times ending with an angry rant about the site.
- Don't believe it? Here's the video. The rant begins at about the 22 minute mark. 
- They've also done IMDb's Top 25 Christmas Specials and Joystick Division.com's Top 10 Consoles of All Time.
- They did a Top 10 Horror Games for Halloween 2012, but it never went up due to the fact that it was on Kenny's computer, which crashed before he had the chance to upload it.
- This past Halloween, for their Halloween special, Kenny, Anthony, and Anthony's friend Glenn took a look at PC Gamer's Top 100 Horror Games.
- Troll: Though he hasn't done it as much anymore, Kenny used to constantly bug the rest of the crew by saying "Are we done yet?" sometimes out of the blue. He's stopped though, realizing how annoying it got.
- Watch It Stoned: Alanie got drunk during Part 15 of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time commentary.
Alanie: I'M NOT DRUNK!
- We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties: Part of the reason they haven't been very active.
- And why Kenny must use his camcorder — he DID buy a Hauppauge, but it wouldn't work.
- He does plan on getting a new Dazzle sometime in the future. When that will be is still anyone's guess.
- What Could Have Been: The Super Mario Bros. commentary, but Kenny Rage Quit after getting too many Game Overs, and it has never seen the light of day.
- And never will, since Kenny sold his Wii.
- What the Hell, Parents?: The crew is very adamant about youngsters not watching their videos. They're just not for kids.
- What the Hell, Player?: Kenny, why did you belly flop into those Nitro Crates?