TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Grand Unifying Guesses HP Lovecraft
This is a "Wild Mass Guess" entry, where we pull out all the sanity stops on theorizing. The regular entry on this topic is elsewhere. Please see this programme note.
- The Doctor In an odd, woobie-ish sort of way.
- The Doctor has been described as being "basically what you get if the Crawling Chaos decided to make humanity his pet species instead of just another species on his 'to screw with' list."
- Barack Obama, and for that matter, every other President except for Washington, Teddy Roosevelt, and Andrew Jackson.
- Tzeentch, Nyarlathotep's primary manifestation in the warp, just as the Black Pharaoh manifests in the cosmos, and Barack Obama manifests in the real world.
- Kaworu Nagisa
- Wait, so Nyarlathotep is Kaworu, who in turn is Jesus and therefore both Haurhi and the Dunwitch Horror?
- As a result, Nyarlathotep - and subsequently Azathoth - is the child of Yog-Sothoth, who also incarnates as Bill Gates.
- Kyon, as the entity which goes around making sure that the creator of reality (Azathoth, aka Haruhi) remains asleep. All the SOS really is is an updated version of the ol' pipes routine.
- the Fireclown
- Arioch, Duke of Hell
- The Master
- Randall Flagg
- Number 1
- J.R. "Bob" Dobbs
- The Janitor
- Captain Jack Sparrow
- Psycho Mantis
- James Moriarty
- The Freak
- Le Comte de Saint-Germain
- The Traveller
- Gozer the Destroyer
- Oogie Boogie
- Nikola Tesla
- Wait, what?
- That is who he was originally based on.
- Dio Brando
- The Luggage
- The Genie
- Morgoth and Sauron
- In Robert A. Wilson's and Robert Shea's Illuminatus-Trilogy, one character argues that Sauron was actually a Shoggoth.
- The Cloverfield Monster
- Giygas, and by extension, Ness.
- Both Gesar and Zabulon.
- Ryoji Mochizuki.
- Johan Liebert.
- The Easter Bunny◊
- Spambots fnord
- Hodgman and his Hobopolis Lieutenants
- MissingNo.as well as Zoroark/N
- Majin Buu
- Queen Metaria, Death Phantom, Pharaoh 90, Queen Nehellenia and Chaos
- The Joker in all his incarnations
- Hordak Prime
- Dark Matter
- Uboa, who is also Che Guevara and a Time Lord.
- If Che Guevara is Nyarlathotep and a Time Lord, he is also Robin Hood.
- Jack of Blades
- Edward Cullen
- Wait..... What did you say?! *slaughtered by fangirls*
- The Dark Passenger
- Lil'Slugger, obviously
- Jackie Estacado, The Darkness as Haunter of the Dark.
- The Guy
- The Anti-Spiral King
- Head/"Angel" Six and Baltar
- All hail Megatron!
- Raistlin Majere
- Black Mage
- Wait, Philemon is the source of the Persona-user's power (via his proxy Igor), and in Persona 2, he empowered a group that beat Nyarlathotep.
- Mind screws should be expected here, really.
- Considering that, as stated above, Tzeentch is also an incarnation of Nyarlathotep and that he's playing against himself all the time, that's not really a refutation at all.
- the Venom-symbiote
- And therefore also its descendants and relatives Carnage, Scream, Toxin, Hybrid, the She-Venom clone symbiote, Dreadface, Payback, and Anti-Venom.
- Also, O.W. Grant
- Nyarlathotep created the Death Notes (matches M.O. of giving humanity toys and watching them destroy themselves with it) and the Shinigami are his Avatars.
- Apocalymon, BelialVamdemon, D-Reaper, Lucemon, Yggdrasill, Bagramon, and Quartzmon
- Tyler Durden.
- Yami Yugi, another manifestation of the Black Pharaoh.
- Preterius. Or maybe Claudandus. One of them for sure!
- Thinking of it, Claudandus is the more probable candidate here...
- Pharaoh Akh-en-Aton
- Hagbard Celine. Apparently.
- Nyarlathotep is also the force behind the Shadows. Maybe also behind the Vorlons.
- More specifically, Nyarlathotep is Lorien.
- The Voice from the Starcraft Frontline comic "The Voice in Darkness" is yet another obvious incarnation of Nyarlathotep.
- Assuming it isn't Samir Duran.
- And the Overmind might be a manifestation of Azathoth.
- Mary Poppins (at least the literary version)
- Doc Scratch
- And by extension, Lord English/Caliborn/Calliope
- Mr. Mayhem from the Allstate commercials.
- Leland Gaunt
- Donald Duck
- Alan Gabriel
- Of course, what could explain.... ummm..... HIM!!!!!!!
- Uwe Boll. And he's going to make anime movies.
- Bartleby the Scrivener.
- René Descartes.
- David Blaine.
- The man himself, Howard Philips Lovecraft.
- Whoever runs the Cabal, as stated above in an earlier WMG..
- Nightmare Moon
- A part of her at least.
- Alternatively, Discord. Chrysalis, Shub-Niggurath. And way back in G1, Squib was Cthulhu (he even tried to raise R'lyeh) and the Smooze was a Shoggoth.
- Where does Tirek fit into all this? As in the G4 one?
- Nowhere. Unlike Discord or Chrysalis, Tirek's backstory is more or less explained in the show. He's just a powerful being without any connection to the Old Gods.
- Grigori Rasputin
- Don John the Bastard
- Professor Screweyes
- At least one of the Dark Judges.
- The Outsider
- The Thin White Duke
- Bill Cipher
- Nemesis. Played straight in this darker and edgier fanfic.
- Yukari Yakumo, supported by her rather disturbing "Gaps", her overpowered "Boundary" control, Troll tendencies, and scheming history.
- Mrs. Robinson from The Graduate, who seduces a young man, fucks with his mind and his life, and drives him insane. Just look at how crazy he is at the end of the movie, especially around Elaine.