is a Flash Game in faithful homage
to the Mega Man
franchise, specifically the classic games (with some elements from the X
series thrown in).
The plot revolves around Dr. Thane attempting to create a young Robot Girl
with a human memory. He succeeds, but then she goes out to fight Dr. Mad, who is trying to Take Over the World
with his six robots.
Tropes present in this game include:
- Armor-Piercing Attack: Lightning Flash.
- Blackout Basement: One area in Lightning Man's stage.
- Boss Rush: Before the final boss, as is the norm in Mega Man games.
- Brain Uploading: The Intro implies that Dr. Thane created Rokkochan as an, apparently successful, attempt to resurrect his dead daughter through this method. This could be seen as a reference to Megaman.exe's backstory in the Megaman Battle Network games.
- Captain Ersatz: Most of the major characters in the game. The Robot Master bosses are unique, though.
- Dual Boss: Fransiska and Lancea in Mad Castle 1.
- Emergency Energy Tank: E-Tanks are available in this game.
- Gravity Screw: Rolling Man's level is set in outer space, so it naturally has lower gravity than the other ones.
- Hard Levels, Easy Bosses: After the Bottomless Pit- and Spikes Of Doom-filled hell that is Jet Man's level, Jet Man himself isn't that much of a problem as his only attacks are destructible homing missiles and performing a predictable swoop attack.
- Homing Projectile: Jet Missile.
- Hyper Destructive Bouncing Ball: Rolling Ring.
- I Know Madden Kombat: Hockey Man's design and most of his attacks are based on his namesake.
- Indy Escape: The boulder appears in Forest Man's level.
- Jumped at the Call: Rokko hears of Dr. Mad's plans of world domination seconds after she awakens and then immediately sets out to stop him.
- Killer Rabbit: Hockey Man's stage has several annoying robot rabbits in it.
- Logical Weakness: Being a forest-dweller that controls nature, Forest Man doesn't take well to the Volcano Cannon. Likewise, the fiery Volcano Man dislikes cold stuff like Hockey Man's weapon.
- Meaningful Name: The Captain Ersatz versions of Dr. Wily and Dr. Light are named "Dr. Mad" and "Dr. Sane," respectively.
- Name's the Same: The fan-made Mega Man Unlimited also has a Jet Man that flies around and fires homing missiles. The weapon obtained from him is also called Jet Missile!
- No Ending: Don't expect Dr. Mad setting his castle to self destruct upon his defeat or anything.
- Power Copying: Wouldn't be Mega Man without it!
- Robot Girl: The title character.
- Rule 63: Rokko... chan!?
- Sequential Boss: Dr. Mad's machine has three forms.
- Shout-Out: The unlockable Owata Mode turns Rokko into a One-Hit-Point Wonder. The achievement you get for beating the game in this mode is named "I Wanna Be The Human."
- Sound Test: Beat the game once to unlock it.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Dr. Sane's name is spelled as "Dr. Thane" in the game's intro. This is likely a nod to Dr. Light's various name transliterations.
- Splash Damage: The Volcano Cannon has this when it hits an enemy or surface.
- Spread Shot: Rolling Ring.
- Temporary Platform: The Yoku Blocks appear in two levels, but not in a very hard or abusive manner.
- Unlockable Content: Upon beating the game, you can unlock "Challenge" (which pretty much amounts to clearing the entire game under various conditions) and "Music Room" in the main menu, as well as Owata Mode and Unlimited Weapon in the Options.
- Videogame Dashing: Borrowed from X and Bass. It makes Rokko jump a little lower, but of course it is quite useful for dodging and jumping over pits.
- Whip It Good: Forest Whip.
- X Meets Y: The regular stages have a similar feel to several Mega Man stages. Even some of the bosses have traits from other Mega Man bosses!
- Hockey Man's is Blizzard Man's mixed with Chill Man's.
- Volcano Man's is Fire Man's mixed with Flame Stag's.
- Forest Man's stage is Plant Man's mixed with Bubble Man's.
- Jet Man's is Wind Man's mixed with the Air Fleet stage of Mega Man Zero 3
- Rolling Man's is Star Man's mixed with Gravity Man's.
- Lightning Man's is Spark Man's mixed with Bright Man's.
- Rolling Man uses Armored Armadillo's rolling move and a bouncy spreader like Crystal Man.
- Volcano Man has a fireball attack somewhat similar to Flame Man, and a rain of fiery projectiles like Charge Man.
- Lightning Man has Blade Man's attack where he jumps onto the wall and fires a triple Spread Shot at Mega Man, and Metal Man/Junk Man's "fire a shot at the player when performing a jump".
- Jet Man's swoop attack looks similar to Shade Man's, his missiles are like Dive Man's, and an aerial charge like Wind Man.
- Forest Man seems to borrow attacks from Axle The Red/Spike Rosered and Hornet Man.