Video Game: Rockmen R: Dr. Wily's Counterattack
Rockmen R: Dr. Wily's Counterattack (ロックメン R: Dr.ワイリーの逆襲) is a Japanese doujin game for Windows PC done in 16-bit graphics and released by Capricorn on January of 2009. It is a fangame based on Mega Man (a.k.a. Rockman in Japan) that stars Rock's sister, Roll, and features a unique cast of Robot Masters as well as a new Robot Master named Piano.The developers unfortunately met with a cease-and-desist by Capcom, thus making it virtually impossible to buy the game anywhere, but eventually the game managed to get enough coverage and spread across the internet.Capricorn later went on to make another Mega Man-styled game on May of 2013 called Touhou Rock Maiden, a Touhou fangame staring Reimu Hakurei.
Rockmen R features examples of:
- Action Girl: Roll.
- Dark Action Girl: Piano.
- Arm Cannon: Roll now has one just like her brother, Rock!
- Ascended Extra: Roll as the main character.
- Big Fancy Castle: Waltz Man's stage.
- Beam Spam: Laser Man performs this often enough.
- Bottomless Pit: A number of them through out the game, including Rapid Man stage, Weasel Man's stage, and Wily's Castle Stage 3.
- Creepy Doll: Puppet Man and his Roll-dolls, not to mention his teddy bear bombs.
- Distressed Dude: Rock, he was beaten by Piano and taken captive.
- Eternal Engine: Energy Man's level qualifies for this.
- Expy: Piano is this to Roll just as Forte is to Rock.
- Fan Sequel: To Rockman 8 originally.
- Hard Levels, Easy Bosses: Puppet Man's stage is a little more difficult then he actually is to beat. Rapid Man has the same problem, his stage is challenging but his actual fight is fairly simple.
- Kill Him Already: Shockingly averted at the end, as Roll decides to do this to Dr. Wily. Until he reminds her of the First Law. However, it just turns out to be a robotic copy of him.
- Mirror Boss: Rock Man.
- Mirror Match: Your first time fighting Piano in the intro stage.
- Musical Assassin: Waltz Man along with his sonic-based Death Waltz.
- Nintendo Hard: Its a difficult game if your ill-prepared for it.
- Playing with Fire: Flare Man takes the cake on this one.
- Password Save: You know it!
- Recurring Boss: Piano, natch.
- Recycled Set: Dr. Wily's castle design is entirely identical to the one in Mega Man 5.
- Shifting Sand Land: Averted to a point with Rapid Man's level, its more like Cliff-Oasis-Gully type area. Justified as his level takes place in Australia's outback.
- Space Level: Laser Man's level looks like this.
- Spikes of Doom: Shockingly very few and far in between but still there.
- Warm-Up Boss: Piano in the intro stage.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Piano's hair is lavender.