Video Game / Miami Shark
Describe Miami Shark
+ Stuff Blowing Up
) × Serial Escalation
= Miami Shark
Oh... you want a real explanation? Well, we can try...Miami Shark
is a Flash game series hosted on Newgrounds
. chronicling the exploits of a shark in Miami
as it goes about its daily routine of eating dolphins, scuba divers, surfers, and pulling unsuspecting aircraft down several hundred feet to a watery doom, from small one-man helicopters all the way up to a B-52 Stratofortress. The sequel, Sydney Shark
, takes place (obviously) in the waters near Sydney, Australia, as your shark aims to drag down even more absurd categories of self-propelled objects, such as crocodile-shaped passenger jets, a UFO, culminating with a nuclear missile
. The third game, New York Shark
, allows you to eat the Statue of Liberty among other things. The fourth game, Medieval Shark
, takes place in a Fantasy Kitchen Sink
, where your shark has an axe.
It's a strange game, but that's what Wiesi and Mausland are known for. In October 2013, Mausland released the sequel: Prehistoric Shark
- Anachronism Stew: An airship in medieval times? Doesn't matter; the shark will take it down all the same!
- Apocalypse How: In Sydney Shark, the Shark ends up bringing down a missile that causes a huge nuclear explosion seen from space.
- Taken to its most extreme when the Shark brings down a meteor and ends up destroying the entire earth.
- The Cameo: In New York Shark you get to fight King Kong by biting off his head.
- Colony Drop: The ending to New York Shark if you manage it.
- Death from Above: That leap? You can crush boats with it, not to mention people.
- Not to mention bring down anything from a Cessna to a Chinese missile!
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: The result of pulling down a meteor.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: You get to kill one (and her father) in Medieval Shark.
- Extreme Omnivore: You also eat surfers and windsurfers pretty much in one bite, too.
- Made of Explodium: Anything you pull underwater.
- Nice Hat: You get to pick one up before you really get started in the sequel.
- Cool Mask: The shark then gets his very own executioner's mask in Medieval Shark.
- Nuke 'em: Take a guess what happens when the shark pulls down the nuclear missile.
- Omnicidal Maniac: The shark.
- Refuge in Audacity
- Rule of Cool
- Rule of Funny: Go ahead, laugh as the stealth bomber goes invisible. We understand.
- And how does an astronaut respond from space when he sees a nuke blast Sydney? "Shark!"
- What happened to the Shark after it destroyed the earth via meteor? It's now floating towards Mars, and is somehow still alive.
- Sequel Hook: After destroying the Earth at the end of "New York Shark", the Shark is seen drifting towards Mars.
- Serial Escalation: You are a shark, who leaps several hundred feet into the air to catch its prey. And what are you hunting? Helicopters, airlines, attack jets, stealth bombers, space shuttles, UFOs, a goddamn nuclear missile, a dragon...
- Shout-Out: A couple in the sequel; the hat the shark picks up is similar to the one worn by Crocodile Dundee, and when you take down a ''living, breathing crocodile plane'', Steve Irwin pops up. You can't eat him, but then again you probably wouldn't be able to even if you had the chance.*
- Sorting Algorithm of Weapon Effectiveness: In Medieval Shark, you can find bigger and better weapons in treasure chests at the bottom of the river, culminating in the appropriately titled Demon Sword.
- Threatening Shark: Up to Eleven. It will destroy anything and everything.
- Villain Protagonist: The shark, wanton property damage and mass murder isn't exactly heroic...